Baby showers

umbongo

Reaction score
So.... I have two as one where I live and one in my old home town. Easier for my mum who has ms plus I know my my old friends and they wouldn't travel up here!
Anyway, they'll both my small affairs as I don't have many friends,shocking I know ;-)

I have no idea what to do, was going to do cava and cake (non alcoholic for me) but I'm not really into silly games...Never been to one myself since what actually goes on? Can you just sit and chat, I guess I need to arrange something?!

Any ideas that don't involve pretending to put nappies on dolls etc or am I just being a misery? :p

Xx

I am also having two like you one here and one back where I lived before I have had the one with mum and friends in my old town we played a few games but they were fun we did guess the sweetys in the dummy (mum filled a dummy with sweets) and stick the dummy on the baby like pin tail on donkey and sniff the baby food five types and had to guess the flavour by sniff alone lol. we sat around talking mostly and they brought me gifts even tho I said no need to. We had a little buffet and I did non alco pina coladas and mojitos then offered these or real wine or fake wine. Mum made me a cake and it was nice to just catch up with friends. We took a photo of each girl who came with me and then on a piece of photo sized paper mum asked them to write a top tip. For me when baby arrives. Guess gender weight and date of arrival and time. Just for fun and put them all in an album for me as a keep sake. It was lovely you don't have to play games at all its your baby shower I like games so for me it was a must have with prizes lol but can understand if you don't like u wouldn't want xx

Baby brain sweets in bottle not dummy what's wrong with me?! X

Haha I did wonder. That sounds fun,and guessing stuff isn't too bad. Gotta do a sweepstake for weight, sex and date for sure! I think an old friend is coming up with some ideas for my hometown one, just need a couple of things for my one here. I might ask them to bring a baby photo of themselves and see if they can guess each others! :)
Photos and tips is a lovely idea too, might steal it :) xxx
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back