Baby Shower cancelled :(

HideiLu

Reaction score
This may sound very petty, but I'm having to cancel my baby shower, was due to be tomorrow with both our friends and family with a BBQ etc

Having to cancel as;

a. I haven't been paid so can't afford to get any bits in
and
b. Everyone is cancelling me at the last minute (I gave about 5 weeks notice!)

It may just be hormones but it's really upset me as everyone seems to have better things to do these days as if pregnancy is a disease or something!!! :( And the money stuff is getting me down, panicing that I won't have anything ready in time, and now knowing there's a backlog in maternity allowance payments, I'm having to save money to put aside for my rent once baby arrives :(

i did the same with mine hun, well didnt cancel it but just had 5 close friends in the end, as people were working and couldnt make it or couldnt make it till late and some couldnt stay late. so i ended up having the few people who meant the most to me and sod the rest!

:hug: :hug:

i thought the idea was someone else did the baby shower and you just turned up, to be honest i just think its another load of american rubbish, but sorry your upset hun :hug:

Well ours wasn't even Americanised, we invited friends as a BBQ get together before baby arrives and even said on the invites not to worry about presents, just bring a drink and we'll provide the rest!

I used to have a big party every year in London with clients and friends from across the country (About 2500 guests!!) and funny enough it was always crammed...now when it's about something more than just getting p**sed and going wild, no one wants to know!!

dont worry hun can u not go out for a special night and just be spoilt :hug:

Aww sorry you had to cancel hun :hug: I know it isn't the same but we'll have to have a virtual online one here on the forum so you don't feel you are missing out :hug:

Awww, i'd be upset as well hun. I'm not going to have one, i'll have a night out after the birth so I can wet the babies head (get pi**ed)!

xx

Mildly said:
Aww sorry you had to cancel hun :hug: I know it isn't the same but we'll have to have a virtual online one here on the forum so you don't feel you are missing out :hug:

Will there be cake?!! I'm not coming unless there's cake! :shakehead:

Aw, that's rubbish - you're so right about people not wanting to join in unless it involves alcohol / getting wasted etc.

So sod em, we'll have our own - when's the PF baby shower? :hug:

HideiLu said:
Mildly said:

Will there be cake?!! I'm not coming unless there's cake! :shakehead:

Damn right they'll be cake :D I can't seem to do anything nowadays without it involving cake :oops: :lol:

Oh Lu!! :oops: :( I am so sorry hun for contributing to the late cancellations. I'm so sorry :( I feel terrible...

I'm so sorry you had to cancel it. I know how much you were looking forward to that. It's not just your hormones, I'd feel let down too. :hug:

(Again, I am so so sorry for letting you down :( )

dannii87 said:
(Again, I am so so sorry for letting you down :( )
Don't be silly hun, you have a long way to travel so don't blame you :hug: We will meet up soon anyways I'm sure :) It's people who have it on their door step and using lame excuses coz they just can't be arsed!

And when our babies pop, we'll go out and get plastered and not invite them! :dance: :twisted:

aww honey, dont worry!! bloody gits dont waste your time! I just realised im in Hovew actually too. How bout I come round and cheer you up :) x

Aww hun I am so sorry that you have had to cancel your baby shower.

I know what you mean about being let down by friends. When I was PG with Jacob all my so called friends dropped me and haven't been in touch since. They sent me a text one Friday evening saying that they were in the pub and that they were missing me, they didn't bloody invite me to go though :evil:

I now have a lovely circle of friends who have children themselves so we are all in the same boat.

So where's the cake? :wink:

Xxx

:hug: Sorry that you had to cancel it the smelly bums!!!

We should have a online one with cake and party rings and oooooooo.......Jammie dodgers! Yay and chocolate pretzels!!! Woop! You know the ones in the little blue shiny packet that they stopped doing even though they were reaaaaalllly lush.....I want them now.

Aww so sorry to hear this hun :hug: know exactly how you feel I wasn't able to go to my own hen night cause of money and stuff and was so gutted I was 10 weeks pregnant at the time and totally broke my heart over it far more then I think I would without the help of hormones :roll: :rotfl:

Is there any change of arranging another in a few weeks when you have money sorted and perhaps more people will be free? Weathers not amazing this weekend anyway for a bbq (or isnt here dont know what its like there) but maybe in a few weeks if suns out and nice and hot you'd get a good turn out?

Spoil yourself today to make yourself feel beter :hug: :hug:

No we won't rearrange as we gave everyone 5 weeks notice this time and still had this result! Plus it's mine and OHs birthday in 2 weeks and we're going for a meal with a few friends and family.

We ended up spending today having lunch in town (Brighton) with OH, couple of friends plus Mum and my nephew....funny enough everyone that came drove from Hastings, Norwich and London! It was just people in Brighton pulling out! Then we had a drink on the pair and went on a few rides.

Mum bought some really nice baby towels and my friend, who I have already asked to be godfather, has said he will get the travel cot, plus Mum bought over some more hand me down clothes bits that my Brother has given us so not done to badly for a non-shower!!

Just waiting on OH to finish dinner of Keivs, Smiley Faces and beans and going to put my feet up and not work tonight - first time in about 2 weeks and watch a film! :)

How many ppl have cancelled?

Bloody typical that would annoy me aswell hormones or not!!

I actually feel quite upset by that... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back