Baby shower / Party??

Kerry

Reaction score
Is anyone having a baby shower or party before bump comes along?

I am having a body shop party next week and everyone keeps saying I should make it a combined baby shower kind of party as well. I feel a bit cheeky having a party like that as I always feel like people are expected to bring the baby pressies?

Maybe I will have it as a 'last night with the girlies' party!!

I guess if I was working we would have been out for some sort of celebration so being a full time Mum I guess this is the next best thing.

What do you think? What are you doing?

Sounds like fun Kerry!

I am having a baby shower but thought the same and i hope people wont feel obliged to buy a pressie?

My best friend is organising it for me so i get no say in it at all!

I have no idea whats in store as i know nothing about them and thought it was an american thing?

my sister wanted to do this for me aswell but i felt a but cheeky to so i said no. I think i might have s get together for some girls though. It would be nice to do that before the baby comes.

I too didn't realise people do them over here but I guess like everything from the other side of the pond we get it eventually!!

I guess I too could leave it in the hands of friends then I don't have to think about it.

I fact according to my step mother in law (!) who lives in Canada it is the mother to be who is not allowed to organise it, any one else can but not them so the tradition goes!

hi

my best mate is organising a baby shower for me - and i'll admit i also feel a bit cheeky about the whole thing - specially as the stuff we found on the web about them is american - where apparently its common to have a gift list at a big baby store (kinda like a wedding list!!!) but, as my mate says, the best way to look at it is the people involved are your friends - and if they were pregnant and someone invited you to a baby shower for them - you'd go, and take a gift and join in the fun right?( well i would!!! lol - any excuse for a girlie get to gether!)

my mate has asked me for ideas for gifts to pass on to people, so i have thought up relatively lil things i will need and make use of ( pack of nappies £4, pram sheets £5 changing mat £5-£8 baby bath Bargainous £2.47 at asda!! etc)

my mate is really going to town on the whole thing, from what i gather ( she has raided my fone for my mates numbers and even bought invitations! - she is mad and a total monica about stuff too!hehehehe) but i love her for it, shes fab - and, pretty amazing i might add, shes been ttc for about 3 years now, and one by one, our circle of friends has gotton pregnant (3 of us are right now) and shes been brilliant about everything, really excited for me - even tho she must be feeling awful inside, shes just the best - and i know when her turn comes around, i'll be treating her like a queen throughout her pregnancy!

shamu

I've decided to have a Baby shower for this one, but have decided not to have it until the baby is born.

That way it's like a baby welcome party, also most people have christenings and I'm not have this one christened but still wanted to celebrate my baby coming into the world, and looking at it that way I don't feel as cheeky about if people buy presents as they get to coo over the baby and if it was a christening people would have proberly brought pressy's anyway.

Most friends and family buy presents for the baby once its born anyway the way you should look at it is you just get them alittle early and you won't be to tired it apprieciate them fully plus you get to have a great girlie bonding time with your friends and family.

I've decided to have a Baby shower for this one, but have decided not to have it until the baby is born.

That way it's like a baby welcome party, also most people have christenings and I'm not have this one christened but still wanted to celebrate my baby coming into the world, and looking at it that way I don't feel as cheeky about if people buy presents as they get to coo over the baby and if it was a christening people would have proberly brought pressy's anyway.

Most friends and family buy presents for the baby once its born anyway the way you should look at it is you just get them alittle early and you won't be to tired it apprieciate them fully plus you get to have a great girlie bonding time with your friends and family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back