baby shower advice needed

Spritzer

Reaction score
im in the middle of ordering party stuff for baby shower and was wondering what everyone else had etc.

what games did people play etc?
did you have favours?
what food did you have

i'm having a male and female baby shower with about 20 people who have said they are def coming (i do hope my living room is big enough :shock: ) on sat night rather than afternoon.
have got booze and mixers for the people drinking and shloer and j20's etc for the drivers, kids and me! lol.

any advice would be apreciated as OH is being no help but keeps inviting more people instead :x grrrr...men!

No idea as didn't have one.

There are some previous threads on baby showers if you search for them. But iirc they were girls only and based round that. I don't think anyone had men also. Not the traditional baby shower concept :lol: More like a party then :wink: :lol:

Most ladies seemed to invite their female friends, made some munchies, played a few girly baby games and there was cake also I seem to recall.

Sherlock said:
No idea as didn't have one.

There are some previous threads on baby showers if you search for them. But iirc they were girls only and based round that. I don't think anyone had men also. Not the traditional baby shower concept :lol: More like a party then :wink: :lol:

Most ladies seemed to invite their female friends, made some munchies, played a few girly baby games and there was cake also I seem to recall.

your right it is more like a party with a baby shower theme?
OH's nose would of been well out of joint if i had just had a girly one!

Hi... my friend organised mine, so all i did was prepare food and did favours for people....

My food i kept basic... i hate making butties up so i just bought loads of munchies.... sensations, dips, sticks, haribo, minstrals, aero bubbles, buns etc...

As for favours, all my guests were girls, i gave them a little gift bag with a face mask, hot oil treatment, sweets, thank you letter, and a little bath bomb sack from www.showermybaby.com

But be careful with favours, altho the stuff you buy is quite cheap, it really mounts up when buying a lot.... and with you having 20+.... ?????
id keep it simple!!!

My friends bought some baby shower helium balloons which got put round the room, and a baby cake......

we didnt play any games we just had a right good get together!!!

Sorry i cant be much more of a help! but i hope it goes well for you!!!

Zobo said:
Hi... my friend organised mine, so all i did was prepare food and did favours for people....

My food i kept basic... i hate making butties up so i just bought loads of munchies.... sensations, dips, sticks, haribo, minstrals, aero bubbles, buns etc...

As for favours, all my guests were girls, i gave them a little gift bag with a face mask, hot oil treatment, sweets, thank you letter, and a little bath bomb sack from www.showermybaby.com

But be careful with favours, altho the stuff you buy is quite cheap, it really mounts up when buying a lot.... and with you having 20+.... ?????
id keep it simple!!!

My friends bought some baby shower helium balloons which got put round the room, and a baby cake......

we didnt play any games we just had a right good get together!!!

Sorry i cant be much more of a help! but i hope it goes well for you!!!

ohh im just away to do a tesco order online for the party and its going to be all your fault that its full of sweets etc!! mmmm i want the aero bubbles NOW!!! :lol:

I didn't have booze at mine- just pink schloer and coke :) also I did party food like mini pizzas and cheese and pineapple sticks :lol:

no men at mine- not even my OH. the talk mainly revolved around pregnancy, birth and babies- my friends are very nosey seeing as I'm the first one to get knocked up :wink:

We did a couple of games- tasting baby food was a good one :puke: and if you're not easily offended then get the guests to measure out string to how big they think your bump is! :rotfl:

n504729240_360630_8221.jpg

n504729240_360629_7946.jpg

i didnt even know people had them in this country :? :oops:

ohh i wanna do fairy cakes, but i normally ice them weird colours then nobody wants to eat them :shock: :oops:

i dont mind people drinking even if i cant, was out sat night with everyone else in group drinking and it didnt bother me atall.

i dunno if i'll do sandwiches, did they go down well??

i'm goign to end up with so much food you guys are going to have to come help eat it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back