Baby rice only?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Two weeks ago I started Naomi on baby rice, as per HV's advice. The paediatrician who handled her reflux had told me to wait until 6 months, but Naomi was getting hungry, and to be honest, we were all weaned at four months and I felt that six was a bit long to wait.

The regime HV advised was...one teaspoon full of rice before three bottles in the day, for a week. Then two teaspoons for another week, and then three, after which we can introduce other foods like banana or pureed fruit.

She's nearly at the end of the second week but hasn't finished two teaspoonsful yet. She tends to get fed up of it half way through and demand her bottle, while still opening wide for the spoon and "chewing" her rice when she takes it.

My question is...is she fed up of spoonfeeding because it tires her and should I persevere with just baby rice or can I introduce another taste? The rice looks and tastes like wallpaper paste! How soon is too soon to introduce something else?

Sue

Tiny Sue - I thought that you were meant to give food after milk at first? :?

yeah roiseroo thats what i've been told and just got a book called the baby healthy eating planner and that says in the first week to only offer rice at lunch time and only half way thru a bottle. Then you increase it to afternoons etc then intorduce other foods, its a really good book and has loads of receipe ideas up to the age of 1. Some of the purees sounds yummy :D

rosieroo said:
Tiny Sue - I thought that you were meant to give food after milk at first? :?

I wonder too.... not surprised that your baba gets fed up. She's probably too hungry to spend her energies on time consuming excercises.
Should be bottle then food.... perhaps it's still a bit early for food. She needs her milkies more than food....

Anyway... I have read in several places that babies can have a different taste every 4 days.

Let us know how you get on. :wink:
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back