baby oral thrush

Sophie_P

Reaction score
I've noticed a white coating on my baby's tongue that struggles to wipe off, does this sound like thrush? She's.also very unsettled and grizzly, also the white is on her roof of her mouth. We have some Nystatin.in the.cupboard, shall we try this or wait until hv /doctors?

Apparently this is normal - it's the milk hun - we were told it was normal for both breast fed and bottle fed babies to have a white tongue - bottle fed more so

Speak to HV but I think she will say same as myself :) x

We have always been told that baby will have a white tongue after a feed but it should wipe off. If it doesn't wipe off it may be oral thrush. I would take her to be checked before using anything just to double check. Hope she is better soon x

Hv diagnosed oral thrush, said it's quite bad, got the medicine so hope she's better soon xx

My ante natal women is getting a beating on Friday!

Glad you got it sorted hun

Hopefully the Nystatin does the trick!

Oral thrush can reoccur so use the medicine for a while after the whiteness has gone (I was advised an extra 24h but check with your HV)

James got it as a newborn and then randomly again when he was 5.5 months and had to have the stronger medicine [Miconazole]

He was just dandy though so don't worry too much

X

its normal to have a white layer of white stuff on there tongue and roof of there mouth, youd know if its thrush- its very thick! although charlotte hasnt had it, its very common for bubbys especially newborn to get oral thrush. id wait for HV x

sorry never read the comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back