• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby on the move at sleep time!!

mum2b410

Reaction score
Ok- so Ethan has always been a wriggly baby, from the moment I felt that first kick when i was pg he has never been still for v long! He has calmed down a bit in his sleep as he's got older but now he seems to think that naptime or bedtime is the perfect time to start doing circuits round the cot! I wouldn't mind too much if he'd gradually slow down and stop to fall asleep but he usually ends up stuck in a corner and whinges to b moved! (He can only crawl backwards and roll at the mo). Once I move him I kiss him goodnight again, give him his comforter and set the light projector off again, but we have to go thru this numerous times sometimes before he will settle to sleep! I try to give him plenty of time lying, sitting and standing during the day for him to practice whatever skill he wants to develop but it doesn't seem to make much difference!! Anyone else have this issue or advice? It would b nice if I didn't have to spend 30mins trying to get him to settle! He doesn't do it everytime but it seems to b becoming more frequent at bedtime especially. Any advice appreciated xx

Hello fellow tired mummy!

I remember when savannah had this stage. It was a nightmare.

Unfortunately there is not a lot else you can do but persevere. In the end because i work full time we ended up co sleeping for a little while. Its not ideal i know and alot of people don't agree with it. But I found that after a few weeks of that she seemed to sleep alot better in her own cot. Sometimes its just a stage they go through when they need us a little more.

Sorry i'm not much use just wanted to let you know i had exactly the same trouble!

Lol he's so like Angel it's unbelievable! I had a tough one trying to settle her tonight, he fave thing atm is rolling over and trying to reach the curtains, so I've had to move the crib round. And she's trying to roll and singing/talking to herself lol xx

Hello fellow tired mummy!

I remember when savannah had this stage. It was a nightmare.

Unfortunately there is not a lot else you can do but persevere. In the end because i work full time we ended up co sleeping for a little while. Its not ideal i know and alot of people don't agree with it. But I found that after a few weeks of that she seemed to sleep alot better in her own cot. Sometimes its just a stage they go through when they need us a little more.

Sorry i'm not much use just wanted to let you know i had exactly the same trouble!

Thanks hun! Once he's off its ok, its just getting him there that's the battle! Didn't think there was much I could do except ride it out but thanks for replying! X

Lol he's so like Angel it's unbelievable! I had a tough one trying to settle her tonight, he fave thing atm is rolling over and trying to reach the curtains, so I've had to move the crib round. And she's trying to roll and singing/talking to herself lol xx

Bless- they r only a day apart after all! I've had to remove the light projector from hanging in the cot coz he'd just keep trying to get over to it and either touch it, kick it or just lie on his tummy with his head right up staring at it! Lol!
Good idea to move the cot so she cant get at the curtains! They're such little monkeys arent they?!!

I had to get rid of the cot mobile I had a few months back, all the bumpers are gone and she had a couple of teddies which have had to go as she's just playing all the time. I've found stroking her tummy for a bit just to calm her helps xx

Bless- they r only a day apart after all! I've had to remove the light projector from hanging in the cot coz he'd just keep trying to get over to it and either touch it, kick it or just lie on his tummy with his head right up staring at it! Lol!
Good idea to move the cot so she cant get at the curtains! They're such little monkeys arent they?!!

Savannah used to kick hers to make noise to try to keep her awake so we ended up just putting the projector on the floor next to her cot where she cant reach it.

We changed her to a sleeping bag which helped a bit as well.

Also this will sound a bit silly. but blowing lightly over her face makes her close her eyes and usually she drifts back off quite quickly then.

Albert does the swaddle shuffle lol, his bum ends up right at the end of his basket and he sleeps with his feet up on the rim. He's going to be so annoyed when he goes into a cot :D

Also this will sound a bit silly. but blowing lightly over her face makes her close her eyes and usually she drifts back off quite quickly then.

Great- will try that! He has always been in sleeping bags- would never keep covers on!Lol

Albert does the swaddle shuffle lol, his bum ends up right at the end of his basket and he sleeps with his feet up on the rim. He's going to be so annoyed when he goes into a cot :D

haha thinking of what that would look like actually made me lol!

I had to get rid of the cot mobile I had a few months back, all the bumpers are gone and she had a couple of teddies which have had to go as she's just playing all the time. I've found stroking her tummy for a bit just to calm her helps xx

Ethan likes to have his head stroked but if he's too awake he'll just grab my hand to play with!!!
We have airmesh wrap bumpers that velcro on and they can breathe thru them if they need to as well as stop the cot getting too hot! Really good as stop him getting his arms and legs stuck! He tries to pull them ofd but they just ping back! Hahaha- point to mummy! Lol!

Lol I don't stroke Angels face for that reason, she'll either play with it or stick my fingers in her mouth and bite me with her 2 teeth lol!! I know this might sound a bit horrible but sometimes I gently just stroke her arms down by her sides and it calms her a bit too. I don't like restrain her or hold her arms down in a grip lol but just gently stroking them by her side, if she's not playing she's trying to yank her dummy out and it just goes on and on xx

He was only 3 weeks old in this pic, his feet reach the top now lol

28s5xg1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back