baby number 2

nathanmum

Reaction score
i was talking to OH about when he would like to have no 2 i said i think either oct/nov 2007 or jan/feb 2008 he was like yeah well start trying then i was like no i mean have baby then basically he thinks im mad and we should have a 3-5 year age gap. i want to go back to uni when im 30 and do midwifery and want all the baby stuff out the way by then, i want 3 bubbas . what i want to know is what age gap do you think works? smaller? or bigger? he has kinda agreed to my plans so thats half the battle....!!!!!!!1

all mine are very close together, and sometimes it is hard work but i think its probley better having them close together because they have someone to play with all the time at nearly the same age as them, you can stay in your pj all day and dont have to worry about picking one up from school.

alot of people i know have sed its easier in the long run having them closer together

Having not had my baby yet i cant say from experience, however ive also heard that its better having children closer together.
There is 18 months between me and my brother, then my sister came along 7 years after me! but this was good for my mum when my sister was abit older as i used to look after her in the school holidays, when i was about 14+ so mum could still work. Me, my brother and sister are really close, and get on so well.
Everyone is different, but i think if you want to go and study then its probably a good idea to have them close together. Im hoping to have mine close together too!
x x x

i'm the opposite to you lot, i have a 10yr old a 5 yr old & then Louie (3 months) so i have a 5 yr gap between all mine.
i obviously don't know any different, but now my 10 yr old has a lovely bond & is able to help with Louie where as a younger child can't.
its hard to plan when to have your next children, but i think you know when you are ready & only you will know that!!
good luck. :hug: :hug:

I have big gaps in-between my children 14,6 and the bump, and i have found it much easier basically having one at a time. My sister has had 2 close together and they fight, one goes to her and the other goes to her OH, she hasn't coped very well with 2 tots.

I have a 4yr 2mont gap between children and I think bigger is better. My daughter has been a great help with my son. She is able to play well by herself and is generally a big help to me. I don't think I would have been able to cope with a smaller age gap as I found the 12 month - 2 year period quite hard enough.

I want to start trying a year in January I want a two year Gap. Me and my brother had a two year Gap and we got on well but of course argued like any kids but we r very close now too and i do think the closeness in age helps

also can i say that when i fisrt had Louie & josh was 4 then i couldn't leave him alone in the room with Louie say to nip up & put some washing away or to wash my hair, so it must be worse when you have a toddler & a new baby, coz the toddler could hurt the baby (without meaning to obviously)
josh fell on Louie on monday when Louie was in his bouncy chair & it was so scary.

so when you have older kids (my daughter is 10) then you can leave the baby for a bit & do some jobs)

also when you have a smaller gap your baby days are over much faster where as mine have been staggered, so i have had one at school & then had a baby. (wasn't planned to be that way though!!)

nothing against small age gap as i would love to have a playmate for Louie! but cant, got too many now.
my sis in law has 5 yr old, 2 yr old & 7 mth old. its hard work but lovely that they all grow up together.
either way is fab!!!!!

im gonna wait til aaliyahs been in school for a year so i get a years break before trying for another, i think i only want 2...i could never EVER have another child so soon, aaliyah is a really good baby but even that exhausts you, i couldnt cope with 2 so close in age. Plus it wouldnt be fair on her, personally i think she should get my full attention, it wouldnt be right for her to have it for some time then have to split it between 2, when shes at school and i have another child then my attention can be focused on the 2nd child while aaliyahs at school and both of them when she comes home. Plus Aaliyah will be doing more things for herself like feeding and be able to get herself dressed and stuff and be potty trained, i dont mind going through it all again, its worth it, but it would be hard changing 2 lots of nappies, and feeding 2 children, bathing 2 children, dressing 2 children etc...gosh the exaustion, i dont know how people with twins cope!

i want Jamie to b aware of his younger sibling and help mummy with a new baby, gonna have at least a 5yr gap?

i was 6 when my lil sis was born and my mum practically handed over responsibility of her to me!! and yes, my mum was that bad!!!!

Charlie is only 10 weeks and already i am thinking about when i will have my next one!! I want mine relatively close together and being 34 i cant wait too much longer anyway. I think i will start trying around Charlies first birthday so there will be almost 2 years beween them. I think its really down to individual circumstances what will work for you.

ive got 26mths between bethany and josh, but when the baby is born josh will be 4yrs and 2mths, its good having them close together but i also reckon having a gap will have its advantages, ie the other 2 are old enough to understand that mummy will need to do things for the baby without getting jealous ( i hope ) and theyre already in a very well established routine so should be minimal disruption. However i reckon having 3 in a short space of time would be very tiring

Sassyminx said:
ive got 26mths between bethany and josh, but when the baby is born josh will be 4yrs and 2mths, its good having them close together but i also reckon having a gap will have its advantages, ie the other 2 are old enough to understand that mummy will need to do things for the baby without getting jealous ( i hope ) and theyre already in a very well established routine so should be minimal disruption. However i reckon having 3 in a short space of time would be very tiring

yes it is very tiring, trust me, lol
my oldest turnt 3 on the 27th nov, my other little girl turnt 2 on the 11th dec and my son was 1 today, so mine are very close together and this baby is due in march lol

My initial idea has always been to have 2 close together, i.e start trying again when Jakob is about 1 and a half but I am also planning on going back to college to do midwifery so my plans may be put on hold.

But all in all i think close together is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back