Baby in your room

Kim

We put Thomas in his own room at 8 weeks old, he slept through at 9 weeks old :) He loved it. He had loads of room for his arms, he did not hear us snoring or moving around. We did not hear his snuffly nose and we slept so much better. We have underneath his mattress a pad that monitors his breathing plus the baby monitor that comes with it. An alarm will ring if the baby stops breathing/moving after 20 seconds. I sleep with the monitor near me and doors open but to tell you the truth, I would not fancy sleeping in the same room than him anymore, did it for one week when i went back to work and we both slept very badly. As soon as Thomas was back into his bed in his room, everything went back to normal :)

I couldnt sleep with jess in my room, she is a wriggler, snorer and a shuffler. I will have no choice with number 2 but its nice to put them in their own room.

haha, its my OH that is the wriggler and snorer in this house. Think I'll get him his own room :D

My oh is okay but as for the cat, it snores like a pig. A really grunty snore.

Becky is in a cot right up pushed next to my side of the bed. It's more reassurrance for me. OH doesnt think she will ever leave our room! I had to get rid of her moses basket at 7 weeks-too heavy and wriggly, thot it would collapse!x

I am seriously considering trying to get her cot into our room, and take one side of it off so it can push right up to our bed. Have been reading about attachment parentling and it is pretty much my style of parenting. I have some people telling me one thing and others telling me something else, but ity just doesn't feel right to me to put her in her bed. Guess me and OH need to sit down and talk about it, bless him he usually ends up in the spare room as she takes up a lot of room and he has to get up early. Kim I don't know what to do!!!!

KX do you have a time planned for moving her into her own room or are you seeing how it goes???

beanie don't back out on me!!! lol. I was hoping we could do this together, I don't think I can do it on my own :?

I've set a date and I'm sticking to it. It's gonna be Sunday 25 June, her 6 month birthday. We are having a few babies round for a little party in the garden so it will be an enjoyable day aswel as a sad one :lol: :(

beanie if you can't fit the cot in your room you could always get in there with her, I'm sure you'll get a lovely comfy nights sleep :wink:

haha thats what my OH said, think he was joking :think:
Its just that I had major problems at the beginning of being a mum as I tried to put Seren into a routine and put her to sleep in her cot during the day, feed her and naps at certain times, leave to cry for a bit before going to her etc but it just didn't work and I think that made my PND worse. So I decided to follow my instincts, and sleep with her, feed her when she wanted and let her sleep when she wanted (apart from night time which is pretty regimented). After 2 weeks of this Seren was a much happier baby and I was a more confident mommy. That is why this is causing me such a headache.

But if she goes to bed at a certain time anyway, it wont be that much of a difference. You can still comfort her if she needs you, just in another room.

Listen to me, I can't even do it myself so I don't know who I'm trying to kid lol :lol:

I know but I just feel that she should be with her mummy and daddy. I know it probably sounds daft but I like the way how she will wake up then put her arm out to touch me and fall back asleep, or having a quick snack before going back to sleep.

Well I have it a lot different to you then. Rubie is in my room but not next to me. Her moses basket is at the foot of the bed, against the wall, not the bed, so there is a gap if that makes sense (the only place it will fit), so to her she probably doesn't know I'm even there until I peer over the top :lol:

I might start trying that, moving her crib away from the bed :think:

My OH seems to think that I should move her a little away per week, that way I will get used to her not being right beside me! That wont be happening...just now. My insecurities and fears are still rife. Good luck.xx

When I stayed over at Yvonnes at the weekend, I put Rubie upstairs in Amy & Jack's room at her usual bedtime, and she fell asleep straight away. In fact she slept longer than at home!! So I can't see putting her in her own room at home will bother her one bit :D

I feel a lot better about it now :dance:

Ella is in her cot bed in my room but soon Ill move her into her own room becuase when OH gets up for work@7 Ella wakes up when at the weekends she will sleep til 9. It will be hard at first will probably keep waking in the night to go and check on her but its something we have to do at some point so I guess the sooner we do it the easier it will be!

I know Brody will probably sleep a lot better in his own room but
1) I'll miss him too much
and
2) I have no curtains in the nursery yet so it'll be too light in the mornings.

Broached the subject with OH and he thinks I should give it a go next week (though I think he is saying that so he dopesn't end up in the spare bed again). I have been told that I should stop babying her and let her grow up.... last time I looked she was a baby so no idea what they are going on about.

grow up?? my arse!! she is a baby :shock:

what are people on? :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back