Baby in Transverse/lie

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
Had an appointemt today with my consultant, except i didnt get to see him (the main (lovely) guy whos been dealing with me) got some 'trainee-wont listen-to any-of-my-conserns-prat instead.

Ive been bleeding heavy throughout this pregnancy, half the time they say 'we dont know why' and half the time they say 'ohh you have a errosion (i was told once it was 6cm long and needs monitering') nothing to worry about. blah blah blah.
I told them about my concerns about my cervix (i tore it with hannah) and he was like 'perfectly normal to do that' :shock: (my mum trained as a midwife years ago - and said it IS NOT 'perfectly' normal) :think: :wall: then i said about the amount of blood i lost (ALOT) (i very very almost needed a blood transfusion - they had it there ready and everything) and he was like 'well you never so your not high risk?!.

I even got tearful towards the end about how sceard i am about going through labour again. (i dont mean to scare anyone - everyone has different experiences) and asked why my ep. didnt work - he was just like 'i cant promise anything' (tough shit really) :cry:

I know he cant promise a lovely-painless labour, but i just wanted abit more encourgment/understanding/re-asurence of my conserns. He made me feel like i was conserned about nothing and wasting his time.

Then right as i was waliking out he said that i need to see my midwife much more freaquently (she dosnt seem bothered either, ive seen her twice throughout this pregnancy) as the baby is BIG and is lying in transverse (sideways) if i have any pain to go straight to hospital.
:shock:
I know if still got plenty of time for baby to turn, but i never had this problem with hannah (she was head down from very early on) so.. should i be worried or what? Anyone else the same as me?

Lol.. you all deserve a medal for reading that rant!

hiya firstly sorry the people youve been seeing are rubbish hun
:hug: :hug:
at my 28 week midwife appt my little man was transferve so i went out and got myself a exercise ball and i sit on it every evening and i think he has now moved as i can feel feet low down he could still be transfere and its hands im feeling though which is more my luck :)
anyways try not to worry to much hun a few of us has transferse babies i think timsmom said all her boys were :)
manda xx

aww sweetie :hug:

My baby is laying that way with his head (my midwife has shown me how to feel where he is, so i can 'bounce' his head which is very weird :shock: ) under my right ribs and bottom pushing out to my left!! My midwfe is lovely she said this is normal as with each pregnancy the baby takes longer to get head down and some even don't go down until labour starts, so try not to worry to much at this stage, there are tips to help get them to move such as the birth ball and laying with you bottom on 4 plump pillows for 10 mins twice a day, this allows the baby to float and turn round more easily.

I wouoldn't worry too much and second babies tend to turn later, so you've got until 36 weeks for baby to turn and then they will decide what to do.

Your consultant sounds like a tw4t hun :hug:

oh rach :hug:

bloody medical "professionals" annoy me. If you need to see your midwife more often, don't be frightened to be assertive and ensure you get seen and that you're concerns aren't dismissed.

This little one was lying traverse in the earlier months, was head down at the 28week appointment and on Monday midwife said she thought he was lying oblique (diagonal?!). I'm hoping he gets a move on and goes head down so I can have the home birth.

Have you still got my number? text or ring any time chick x

He sounds appalling! Bloody men have NO idea what we go through.

Austin was transverse at my 28 week appointment, breech at 32 weeks, still breech at 36 but beautifully head down by 38 weeks. Engaged at 40 weeks and popped out at 41 weeks.

I was so worried that he wouldn't turn in time but I used my birth ball a lot (bouncing, and on knees leaning on it), and found some excercises to try from the internet. I have no idea if they worked because he may have been going to turn on his own anyway, but I figured it was worth a go.

Really hoping it goes well for you & you get to see the nice chap again next time. :hug:

I think i feel a complaint coming on, how dare he speak to you like that?? Your concerns / fears and worries are all valid and based on a past unfortunate experience not some irrational hypercondriacism. For gods sake! I would be asking for another appointment with the guy you were meant to see, the only consolation is if he is training he obviously has a long way to go and maybe time to grow some sensitivity.

I still beleive that female consultants and doctors are better at dealing with these things IMOE. The mere fact that they have the same parts as us seems that they sympathise better. That mans brains are clearly in his balls, maybe if you compared the things you expereinced and applied them to his body parts he'd be a little better able to understand.

Perhaps if we got him to push a beach ball out his willy it'd help, i'll be first in cue!

Oh hun, dont take any notice, make a complaint and see your MW asap hopefully she'll be nicer, being told as you leave that the baby is traverse isnt very proffesional. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get the little one turned around. :cheer:

I think i feel a complaint coming on, how dare he speak to you like that?? Your concerns / fears and worries are all valid and based on a past unfortunate experience not some irrational hypercondriacism. For gods sake! I would be asking for another appointment with the guy you were meant to see, the only consolation is if he is training he obviously has a long way to go and maybe time to grow some sensitivity.

I still beleive that female consultants and doctors are better at dealing with these things IMOE. The mere fact that they have the same parts as us seems that they sympathise better. That mans brains are clearly in his balls, maybe if you compared the things you expereinced and applied them to his body parts he'd be a little better able to understand.

Perhaps if we got him to push a beach ball out his willy it'd help, i'll be first in cue!

Oh hun, dont take any notice, make a complaint and see your MW asap hopefully she'll be nicer, being told as you leave that the baby is traverse isnt very proffesional. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get the little one turned around. :cheer:

He sounds horrible. I've never heard of a cervix tearing before! No wonder you're nervous about going through labour again. I think I'd ask to see someone else who can give you more info and be a bit more compassionate :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back