Baby...Im ready for you!

AugustMum

Reaction score
4 days till my due date and Im ready!

Everything is cleaned in my room, the bedding is on, the moses basket has been hoovered (bloomin cat!) and everything else in the room is spotless. All the clothes, towels ect are washed and ironed and the batteries are in the bouncer!

Then when it comes to me, Ive shaved (even the foof got a seeing to!), washed, moisturised. Had my nails done and my hair done. Toe nails are planned for Monday but I dont mind if they dont get done.

The car seat has been delivered and checked in all the cars and the pram is ready in the conservatory!

Can't think of anything else I need....other than the baby!!!!! Im crossing my fingers the sweep on Thursday will help things along. I doubt Im going to go before my due date so bring on the next 2 weeks :D

Hows everyones planning going? Erin and tiggerbounce - you got everything sorted?

Ohhh exciting stuff hun - have you had any niggles?

For some reason it took me weeks to get the batteries for it...I always just grumble at the price of them lol.

Ive had a few pains and cramps and backache for the past few weeks. I try not to think anything of it anymore. Ive been walking ALOT lately to get her to keep moving down, but I guess she'll come when she's ready :) I thought Id be tearing my hair out by this point but Im being calm for some reason. Calm before the storm I think!

I know exactly how you feel, everything is clean and washed ready to go, car seat fitted and checked, had my hair done today, still need to get down to some serious shaving though lol! My only problem is that theoretically I could still have another 4-5 weeks to wait, in which case a lot of stuff will have to be done again. Not to worry though, if baby comes early then at least I'm ready! :)

You really are ready and raring to go arent you?

Yep, I'm all ready too! :) All I need to do today is nip to Matalan and get another changing mat. We have our nice one upstairs on the changing table but I cant imagine having to go up everythime bub needs changing so I'm just gonna grab a cheap one to keep downstairs!!!

I have...wait for it.....NO NIGGLES AT ALL!!!! :wall2:Actually that could be a bit of a lie, went out for a curry last night and i could feel bubs moving around as if he/she were actually in my foof!! Also had quite alot of tightenings. Managed to find the energy last night to :bd: so hopefully that will take me in the right direction :)

I can't believe your due already, and the other girls too. Where did time go? You sound super organised chick. Hopefully bubs wont keep you waiting long xx

Deffinatly raring to go now :blush:

I debated getting an extra changing mat...might just decide once she's here. Ive got so many travel mats I might just use one of those downstairs.

Ooo, you've started to get niggles! Really hope the :bd:and curry help things along :D ! Yesterday baby didnt stop moving around and when I came downstairs this morning my dad just stared at me like this :shock: and kept saying 'whoa...shes dropped hasn't she!' So Im hoping things are moving along.

You must be bursting at the seams to know if your having a little boy or girl!

I am! I cant wait now. Everytime I get a slight cramp I'm like "ooooh, is this it?" I'm going to post another bump pic as my bump has dropped also in the past 2 days!!! You do the same, we can compare! xxx

I shall get on the bump pic asap :) maybe we'll have due date babies!

:yay: well done being so organised!! My house is a bit of a tip after our baby shower this weekend, so Im slowly sorting that out, buy everything for LO is ready, a few gifts we got yesterday need washing but with this rain Im putting it off, on Wednesday my tumble drier arrives, then I really WILL be ready for the baby :)

^^^ Agreed - Well done! Our house is a mess! lol! Baby doesn't even have a nursery! Although he/she will be in with us for what, 6 months? So i've plenty of time! We've everything ready - washed all baby's clothes and everything's ready to go. Just need a bloody baby! Getting impatient now that I know everything's gonna go ok (I hope!) X

I think thats why Ive got things sorted, because I dont have a nursery to do. The cots still in a box and so havnt had to wash any cot bedding or get things sorted for it. Just got the moses basket for now.

I love that there are so many of us waiting for baby now...Im constantly on labour watch on this site!

Hehe! Me too! I'm dying to go into labour! Everyone thinks i'm mad - especially when I say i'm not scared! Maybe i'm some kind of sado masochist!! Haha!

Our nursery is half stripped but we need the garden doing whilst weather's good so i'm bullying OH and his mate today into doing that! They can do the nursery next! Haha! x

Im the same! I cant wait to see what labours like. Its something I just don't think you can explain to people, so im really curious! I know once Im in labour it'll probably be a different story lol, but at the moment Im quite excited! I think if we keep thinking about birth as a positive thing though it'll probably make the whole thing easier. I imagine if you go into it worried and stressed thinking 'omg its going to hurt like hell!' then it probably will!

I like the idea of getting the men to do it all :) However ive been asking my dad to take down my tv stant (its directly above my changing table) for weeks now......and its still there. Think Im in for a bit of DIY tomorrow!

Don't over do it! ;-) God i'm sick of hearing that! Really wanted to pick up a shovel today and help but I was told that I wasn't allowed :-( lol!

All the fencing need treating and so does the new shed we've got coming to replace the one Jamie's just demolished so i'm hoping that I can use Ronseal :) Will give me something to pass time! x

Im all smug, our garden is all done :) It was awful about 4 weeks agao, honestly we needed ground force! One of my friends has married this guy from Ghana and he came here to live 2 weeks ago so we paid him to do it (he needed a bit of work) Im not joking he has totally transformed it!!!! Rob would never have got round to it!

Right...I'm gonna put that bump pic up.....

Im ready too! Nursery is done, house is spotless, baby stuff is washed and ready, stocked up on nappies, hospital bag packed - just need that baby, he is engaged, but no signs as yet! I keep telling myself im going to have a really easy labour - i hope so!

I know what you mean about people saying dont overdo it - bless OH for caring so much, but i am not going to fall off the first step of the step ladder, and i can mop the floor!

Come on babies, we're getting impatient - we want more labour watches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back