Baby growth spurts

Lovisa

Reaction score
I went for a scan at 34 weeks (Friday just gone) as I had a low lying placenta and baby has been breach for a while so they wanted to see if anything had changed ect, which on a good note it has but they are now concerned that our little girl has had a growth spurt. Weighing already at 6lb 10oz.
They have booked me in for another scan in 2 weeks.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can it cause problems? What causes growth spurts?
Sorry for all the silly questions but no one has said or explained anything to us, they just seemed concerned and gave us the nearest appointment they had for another scan which is in just over two weeks.

I am hoping as she has had a growth spurt now she may calm down just before I go into labour as I don't fancy pushing out a 10 or 12lb baby :lol:
It was a big shock to hear as I was born 6lb 15oz full term and OH was born just 7lb.

I shouldn't panic too much hun these scans are known to be way out with approx weights! Have you been tested for diabeties - thats the only thing that would cause a huge growth spurt? I'm sure things will be fine and at least you'll get to see you LO again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back