Baby growth

-Cat-

Reaction score
Hi All,
Im just slightly concerned about my bump growth. Although my mum goes on about how huge I am I feel like I have stoped growing. Earlier on in my pregnancy I was growing at a rate of knots but this seems to have slowed right down when if anything I would have thought at this point it would be more consistant. In the last 2 months I have only gained 1lb in weight and the bump just hasent grown. When they measure the fundus height at each appointment it has grown to what it should be and the baby is still certainly very active. Im just concerned that the babies growth may have slowed down. is there any way to tell? and has anyone else found they had a lull in growth at this late stage?

i feel like that at the mo. and my fundus height is always a couple of cm too small. but they said its noting to worry about. i think they just go through growth spurts like they do when they are little.
if your fundus height is normal then baby is probably the right size. can u tell where your baby is?
my midwife showed me how to feel for him, his bum is in my right ribs and his head is down and feet are on my left side and that makes him about the right size. my midwife thinks ive just not got alot of water in there n thats why its small. i really wouldnt worry would you rather ahve a small healthy baby or a big 10lb-er!!! :lol:

hey Cat,

As sasha said, fundal height is more accurate than how big the bump looks, or wieght gain. thats why many places now dont even bother to check weight at antenatal checkups.If u're eating a good healthy diet, baby's active then Dont Worry!Anyway, after about 20 weeks, the rate of growth differs among babies. After all, he/she has to come out thru ur pelvis at the time of birth!! So look at it this way- if ur baby's doing fine, then the less weight u gain only means the less weight u have to carry around as u go thru everyday!!!!!!!! :wink: And its going to be easier at delivery too!!!

Hi ya, I went to see my midwife this wk and she told me that the baby is two wks smaller than what i am. It has worried me bit, coz both my boys where a good size. I didn't feel her move much that so went to get her checked out, she is fine, very low down. Just not a very active baby. This pregnancy is so different to my other, i guess coz she a girl coursing probs already, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back