update from midwifes

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by emylou, Nov 21, 2005.

1. emylou

emylou Well-Known Member

went to the midwifes on wednesday.... hes had a growth spurt and is way up on the graph they want to see me in two weeks instead of three and they think he could be a nine pounder..... if he has a growth spurt again im having to have another scan.... has anyone else had this

2. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hi hun,

yeah im having this at the mo, Coby is above teh heavy line on teh growth chart, my midwife is worried im on course for a 9 to 10lb'er so im booked in for a growth scan on thursday.

im not worried tho, if he is big or my dates are wrong then i get to meet him early, and if hes an ok size then at least i get to see him on a scan one last time.

Me and jase were watching and feeling him move last night and we both think that he is long rather than heavy which is making him high on teh growth chart. soon find out!

3. JacqWish

JacqWish Well-Known Member

I had to go for a scan at 30 weeks and the estimated my babies weight at 4lb10oz!!!! Way bigger than a normal baby at 30 weeks.

My dates are definitely right so they think it will be a biggy...

I have to go for another scan in 2 weeks time to see what size it is then but I know it is still growing as my skin feels like its going to rip open.

My dads side of the family were all really big baby's (between 11-13lbs on average), brings a tear to my eye thinking about it...

4. emylou

emylou Well-Known Member

brings tears to mine too
    early babies run on both side of my faamily so he may just be making sure hes big enough

5. emylou

emylou Well-Known Member

6. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

i was told that Joshua was going to be average size and he was a whopping 9 12. thank god for c sections lol