baby grinding down and posterior position

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Alot of you seem to be getting the same as me, a feeling of the baby grinding it's head into your pelvis and lots of cervical and shooting pains.

I have got this lots and I read somewhere you get it more if baby is posterior as they are trying to turn, does anyone know if this is true.

I have tried everything to get this baby to turn, all fours, ball, walking but she seems to be stuck and the more I try to help her the more lodged she seems and goes frantic at night with activity.

Anyone feeling this alot right now, is it a sign I could pop soon too?
x

Mine isn't in the same position as yours but is very active late evening and into the wee hours. Lots of movement and wriggles and so on. And I feel like I have a pineapple about to pop out the pressure and discomfort is very noticeable.

Keep trying all the things to turn her though. How long are you spending on all fours? Might be worth trying that for longer so gravity can do its thing.

Keep yourself tilting forward also. Don't lean back or slouch. Same with lying down, keep yourself just forward using your top leg to keep you over. Hopefully with lots of persuasion she'll turn for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I haven't noticed any grinding. But getting pain down there and it hurts when I bend.
I haven't a clue what's going on with my body, I haven't had an internal yet and my next midwife appointment isn't until the 2nd May :(

thanks Sherlock

I will try, does she need to dis-engage or just swivel...

I have been on all fours 20-30 mins a day, sleeping on my left side, bouncing on ball, swaying my hips...

my tum is just a a big blur of arms legs, knees, no spine at all when I lay down, she was in the right position up until last week...grrrr

x

Do you know for definite that bub is posterior? I got this sensation a lot and Rebecca was anterior most of the time.

Ginnymarie said:
thanks Sherlock

I will try, does she need to dis-engage or just swivel...

I have been on all fours 20-30 mins a day, sleeping on my left side, bouncing on ball, swaying my hips...

my tum is just a a big blur of arms legs, knees, no spine at all when I lay down, she was in the right position up until last week...grrrr

Not sure, I think its turning not disengaging but ask your MW.

I don't bounce on my ball fwiw. I rock back and forth and side to side. I got one that came with instructions for pregnancy use and it recommended that so I went with it. I do bounce a little sometimes when the pressure is really bad on my bits but not overly so. Might be worth trying those movements instead?

And I know when my LO was back to back I spent ages on all fours over the course of the day. 20 minutes or so at a time at least 3 times a day. Longer if I could cope with it.

My baby's in the "correct" position as far as I know (though I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow so we'll see) and I get what you describe - all feet and stuff and OH MY GOODNESS she goes bonkers at night. I was really worried she was distressed but I think it's more distressing for me. No idea what she's up to in there.

Oh and last night I could feel what felt like a scraping or a breathing on my cervix coupled with hiccups. It freaked me out, she's really low now...

I think mine's flipped, he was on the left side, his bum seems to be on the right now though.

I need to be careful or I'll end up with him back to back. Up to now I've been good about trying not to slouch and sitting on my ball.
Recently though I feel so fed up I find myself slouched in the armchair on my back in a strop and can't be bothered to sit on my ball :x

he he

me too

ive been so fed up, the wait is awful....along with pregnancy hormones

i just keep eating stupid amounts of chocolate !!!

x

debecca said:
My baby's in the "correct" position as far as I know (though I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow so we'll see) and I get what you describe - all feet and stuff and OH MY GOODNESS she goes bonkers at night. I was really worried she was distressed but I think it's more distressing for me. No idea what she's up to in there.

Oh and last night I could feel what felt like a scraping or a breathing on my cervix coupled with hiccups. It freaked me out, she's really low now...

Same here, mines been in the correct position since about 22 weeks. But my gosh the activity I experience is mad, and very uncomfortable. Sometimes LO make very big movements with its feet right across the top of my bump underneath my ribs, then last night it felt like it was burrowing with its hands down below. Very weird.

maybe I have got my baby is a semi right kind of position

hope so

as i get the hands thing low down as well and feet up by ribs,

all of it is once side mind you

will keep on all fours just in case x

Ginnymarie said:
maybe I have got my baby is a semi right kind of position

hope so

as i get the hands thing low down as well and feet up by ribs,

all of it is once side mind you

will keep on all fours just in case x

Hmmm if hands and feet are to one side only I think your LO is maybe more turned that you think.

Are you able to lie down and feel along for the spine at all? It'll curve the opposite side to the hands and feet action and you can spot the bottom also (near the top). I feel my kicks out to one side, depending on which side baby is lying. Right now all the kicks are to my right and I can feel LO's back down the left of my tummy.

Yay

Sherlock, think I can....

can feel what I think is a bum, less squishy now and yes harder ridge but still feel two feet prodding out at the top right side and knees i think further down.

Will keep doing the all fours things tho!

thanks for the advice on this, i have heard back to back labours are bad!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back