• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby girls - TMI

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I read this in my pregnancy book and just wondered if anyone who had a baby girl had experienced this. I read that due to all of the hormones that the baby has been exposed to it can sometimes mean baby girls will have a slight period like bleed for the first 2-3 days of life. Has this happened to anyone? I am glad that my pregnancy book actually says this as I would have panicked if I saw blood in her nappy when I brought her home. Is this something that the doctors or midwives would have warned you about so you wouldn't worry?

Any advice would be great
Crystal xx

I got told this when isla was born but it didnt happen thankfully. :puke:

Thanks for the replies. When were you told that this may happen? Was it in hospital or did your midwife tell you? I wonder if it is rare but is just something that could happen.

Cara had a tiny spot of blood in her nappy at a few days old, nothing much. I think the midwife who came out to my house after she was born warned me about it but I had read that it could happen in a book.

Are you sure it's blood? New babies wee orange for the first week or so.

Kylie1007 said:

Yeah it is definately blood. Have looked it up on the internet and there are various sites that advise the same thing. It is like a mini periofd that baby girls can have. Longest it would last is about a week and then they wouldn't have any more bleeding until actual periods started later in life. Here is a link to one site:

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6077,00.html

Crystal xx

Yeah Teigan had it after a few days, i was proper worried, ive had 2 girls and wasnt warned about it so i paniked!! But she's ok now :D x

Mine didn't have it, but she did have a lot of gunky stuff that came out over the course of a couple days. When she had her first bath she started crying quite badly and a load of stuff shot out from down there :shock: :puke:

I was completely shocked!! Especially as she was my first and I was so unprepared :)

crystabell said:
Kylie1007 said:

Yeah it is definately blood. Have looked it up on the internet and there are various sites that advise the same thing. It is like a mini periofd that baby girls can have. Longest it would last is about a week and then they wouldn't have any more bleeding until actual periods started later in life. Here is a link to one site:

Crystal xx

And did you know that baby boys get erections! :shock:

My DD had this - just small spots of blood. My midwife had mentioned it though and it was also mentioned in some literature we were given.

Valentine Xxx

I didn't but if I was having a boy I don't think that would scare me as much.

Thanks for the replies from everyone, if it did happen to Jasmine I will be prepared. Wanted to make other mothers to be aware incase they were not told.

Crystal xx

My boy had it the other day! I can't believe that my baby gets that but I read that baby boys have quite a lot of testosterone in them which goes down as they get older (until they hit puberty again!)

Ruby had a slight bleed and her little boobies were swollen too, I was shocked but the midwive told me it was normal due to her having my hormones in her...It only lasted a day or two.

i was told this but melissa didnt bleed. she did seem to hav lotsa white-ish stuff all stuck in there tho wasnt sure if it was discharge or that stuff (is it called vernix?) fetuses are covered in. anyway i was only using cotton balls and water to clean her at first and didnt wanna go scrubbing and hurting her so i just had to put up with it altho it really bugged me it lasted a few weeks i think then disappeared and theres no hint of anything now the only thing i need to clean from there sometimes is poo! :lol:

Kylie1007 said:
crystabell said:
Kylie1007 said:

Crystal xx

DS doesn't, his is too small :rotfl: Bless, I always feel I have to make excuses for him. At hospital the other day he was being weighed and I told the nurse that it was cold, so he had a little shrinkage :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back