baby food

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
hello i dunno if ive asked this question before as amy is 4 months now ive started her on solids as my health visitor say they recommand starting at 16 weeks so as im out most of the tym i baby a jar or tin of baby food now i noticed if amy eats strawberry cheesecake or banana breafast ricepudding she goes red down both sides of her face and it disappears after she has it now i also get the banana rice puddin in the box to make up and she doesnt go red if i give her the savory tins or jars she doesnt go red i thought that it might be cows milk which is in both the banana rady made jar and in the box so i thought she might me alergic to cows milk but its not that ive as my health visitor and doctor and they dunno but it was embarresing the other day when i give her some coz it looked like i hit her lol not that i would shes too cute and cheeky lol to hit but im confused at what it is both jar and tin is heinz the same as the box

any ideas and thanx in advance

I'm not sure what's causing it but if she's having even a bit of a reaction to something in them I'd stop giving them to her. Strawberries quite commonly cause allergic reactions. Did your health visitor advise you on what sorts of food you should be starting her on? I assume you've only been weaning for a couple of days if she's only just 4 months so maybe just stick to simple purees and introduce one new thing at a time so that you know if she's having a reaction to something? :)

Yeah I'd stick to baby rice or porridge for the minute, blander and runnier the better and pureed veg :)

amy is a weird child lol she doesnt like the porridge or the plain baby rice but shell eat the fruit flavoured rice, my health visitor hasnt sed to give her any sort of food to give her just to introduce differrent flavors a day but i will talk to her again on wednesday about it coz i didnt really get much time to see her wednesday clinic was busy but my doc sed that it could be something different for her and that itll probably go if she keeps eating on different days but wat the cant understand is the jar and the box is the same brand but ones ready made i guess he was puzzled to it lol but ill keep her off them and ill write down which one she goes red with and on and not give her it

We used to cook sweet potato and puree fruits for Charlie to begin with then started messing with mixing sweet potato with broccolli and again just blasting it with the hand mixer to a puree and freezing them in ice cube trays to use as and when. We tried one thing for a couple of days then moved onto another flavour but kept going back to the ones he pulled a face at til he got a taste for it. Its trial and error to start with and alot of fun though seeing them pull their faces, just wait to you get to the finger food...we still have a piccie of him with his face in a slice of melon thats bigger than his head lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back