Baby Finley James

suzzi

Reaction score
finally got round to doing my birth story so here goes.

at 4am on 20/11/2011 my waters broke this was after a restless night, maybe due to the fact i went on a four mile walk across the fields the day before lol

anyway thought id better ring the hospital and they told me to go in and get checked at 9am, didnt bother OH thought he could do with his sleep, i sat on comp and watching tv before having a bath and waking OH up with "how do you fancy a week off work"

we got to hospital and i was 2cm and they confirmed waters had gone, said i could go on ward or go home, off home we went and i had a warm bath OH run round with the hoover and cleaned up.

contractions came every 4 mins lasted for about 20 seconds, i stayed upstairs on the bed watching tv and dipping in and out the bath, at about 4pm i decided i needed to go to hospital as they were getting quite painful.

at hospital i was only 3cm dilated, gutted!!! but midwife was lovely and gave me a good sweep to get things going.

i bounced on the ball and walked round for a bit, she then checked me and i was 6cm and needed pain relief, i decided on diamophine injection to take edge off, midwife told me to use gas and air as well, i hadnt wanted to as first suck made me sick with my son but she said well give it ago.

well that was it i was in heaven didnt realise how it made you feel, so me and OH shared the gas and air and 2hours passed in no time, we had a good giggle lol, i was then 10cm and midwife said not to push yet just let contractions do job, diamophine had worn off by this point and the gas and sir was no longer making me giggle!!

started to push not sure how long i was pushing but little Finley James came into the world at 9.44pm weighing 7lb 5.5oz

he didnt cry but was alert, after they sorted me out, lots of bleeding afterwards!! Finley still hadnt cryed he fed but breathing wasnt right so midwife gave him vitimin K injection to make him cry to clear his lungs but he still didnt cry, she said he needed to see dr to check breathing, he did a poo and still didnt cry, and she did a heal prick test for his blood sugar and still didnt cry!!!!

we were getting quite worried when he was sick and threw up loads of mucus and after a while his breathing settled, still didnt cry!!!

midwife said we needed to stay in hospital but could go to the hotel part which meant my OH could come with us which was great, didnt get there till 3am and had a restless night as we kept checking on his breathing, he did eventially cry to our relief but is one very quiet content baby.

we came home on Monday morning and have had a lovely week getting to know our new edition and showing him off.

Lovely birth story. Congrats hun! Sounds like you coped very well. xx

Great birth story! Well done and congratulations x

ah thanks ladies x

Finley is sleeping really well he goes 5 to 6 hours in the day between feeds but only 2 to 3hours at night!!! think his body clock needs switching lol

but he is such a content baby, doesnt cry much at all fx it stays that way. im trying to put a pic on but im a bit useless at it lol x x will keep trying x x

Congratulations again hun spuds like you had a good birth but scary time after! Lilyanna was the same when she was born and she's still a very content baby so fx he will be the same!! Looking forward to a pic!!!

hope this works and pics attached

Lovely birth story, glad he found his voice in the end! Congratulations, lovely name too xx

Great birth story. Big congrats. Hope you can get a photo uploaded soon so we can see how cute LO is.

cant do pic it keeps saying file unable to upload x have managed to put one next to my name but its not the best one x x

might have to ask my kids to do it for me lol

awww lovely birth story hunny and a great weight.worryin about him not cryin for a while at first but glad he's ok now,sounds like he's a very content baby bless him.i didnt get the giggles from the gas an air it just made my lips feel like they were buzzin and vibratin and my voice sounded really deep!! lol.im so happy 4 u sweetheart and u did an amazin job.:love: xxxxx

Wow what an amazing birth story! I'm looking forward to the gas and air now!!

Congrats Hun zx

Sent from my spammy iPhone using Tapatalk - it's got a mind of it's own!

completely missed this! congrats hun! who was your midwife? what room did you have him in? i had Ella in room 4! i was allowed home on 20th so we wouldve been there at the same time! :) (i think i remember you saying you were going city hospital too?? lol) he is gorgeous! xx

A great birth story-well done you. My little Finley James didn't come into the world so well....will add my birth story here soon. Great choice in name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back