baby essentials

sarahdance

Reaction score
hello ladies, I am going to be a new mum and my lovely friends are organising me a baby shower although I dont really know what to ask for! what would you say are the top 10 essentials? we have all the big bits e.g. furniture, high chair, pram, etc. but not alot else. please advise xx

Nappies, Clothes, sun cream/ baby lotion/ baby shampoo etc/ nappy rash cream, cotton wool, calpol, thermometer, bottles or breast pump depending on feeding always have bottles in just in case. hope this helps x

aah that's lovely...

here's what i found useful:

• musical mobile / light display for ceiling once baby in own room
  • nightlight for nightime feeds

• bouncy chair!
  • bumbo baby seat
  • plastic foam change mat
  • jellybaby (foam support for the normal bath suitable from birth)
  • rearview baby mirror/reflector for in the car so you can see baby even though they 're facing backwards, also sunshades etc for the car windows
  • baby monitor
  • baby bath temperature thermometer (colour change one)
  • shopping bag hooks if you have a "one bar handle pushchair" - although most have good underneath storage too now...

if you're bottle feeding:

• a thermal bag for keeping a couple of bottles warm when out and about (avent do a good one) - i used to just measure boiling water from the kettle to the right level and then add the forumla as and when you need it out and about. The water stays hot for much longer this way.
  • also, the little dividers / storage containers that you can put pre-counted scoops of forula into ready to just mix when you need them.
  • plastic basket for dishwasher for the teats and bottle lids

here's things i got last time, never used, won't be getting this time and ended up selling at a car boot (although every baby is different so what one person doesn't use, another might say was the best thing ever!):
tomee tipee nappy disposer / wrapper

• baby electronic / musical swing
  • babybath - never got one at all - just used a washing up bowl for the first week or so and then straight into big bath with the jellybaby!
erm that's about all i can think of off the top of my head... my little girl is 4 now and it seems like ages ago that we had all these things to think about!!

ah well hope you have a lovely baby shower.!

theresa x x x

I had a baby shower but i didnt want to ask for things - i hate asking for stuff!

I found the best prezzies people gave me were things for me - everyone thinks about the baby but its nice when people think about you and the pregnancy, my aunt made me a big hamper with bio oil, wipes, face masks, lush soaps, chocolate, foot scrubs etc it was lovely! xx

STERILISERS, BOTTLES, soz bout caps lol!! , towels, bath products, bedding, cot mobile, sleeping bags, blankets, bibs, muslins, think thats mostly what youll need at start ! xxx

i had a baby shower and again didnt ask for anything cos i hate doing it. everyone got little outfits really. i already had so much. xxx

At my baby shower I got a couple of outfits for my boy, but mainly got things for me like flowers, some lovely clinique toiletries, books and stuff like that. I'd already got so uch for the baby but had forgotten about me so it was lovely that my friends had thought of me and spoilt me!

My OH shunned my wanting a shower.

But having got most things myself, barring the bigger ones that OH paid for, my top ten have been..........

1. our reusable nappies (Tots Bots all in ones)
2. breastpump (Medela Swing - nearly £100 but didn't have one first time and regretted it)
3. baby bouncer chair (not one that needs batteries, just a simple one)*
4. moses basket & bedding*
5. car seat (Recaro from Mothercare, well velvety, mmm)
6. a stack of maternity & sleep-feed-bras
7. Widgey Pillow (for feeding, propping up baby, using as a huge cushion, blah)
8. tons of various sized white suits/vests (which I then tie-dyed all sorts of colours)*
9. material baby sling for carrying*
10. bottles & Hipp Organic formula - I also didn't have these first time, so when I failed at boob, I had nothing else!

My Mothercare My4 buggy is my favourite bigger item but you know you need one of those :)

i had a surprise baby shower and i got sleeping bag, teddies, photo frame, first tooth and curl holders. pamper stuff for me and clothes (neutral)

for my friends baby shower i made her a hamper of baby toiletries (which i also got one similar) and you can never have enough toiletries, bibs or muslins!!!
She got a bath support which looked really good and a really sweet baby monitor from her sister!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back