Baby Clothing

babyroo

Reaction score
We are just starting to buy clothes for the baby and I'm trying to work out what exactly I need for the first few weeks. I'm due late august so it's kind of summer/autumn and I'm just really worrying about what I dress baby in to keep it nice and warm.
Is there any rule I can keep to, eg. like baby wears one extra layer than what I'm comfortable in.
Also how many sleepsuits, scratch mittens etc. will I need for the first few weeks?
I'm just really starting to get panicky about things , really want to keep my baby happy and comfortable.

we bought 6 vests and 6 sleepsuits in sizes newborn and 0-3 months and 1 basic going home outfit.

when you know the size your baby is you can go to any asda, tesco sainsburys etc they all do lovely clothes and so convenient (most now open 24hrs)

we in the end had to go and get all tiny baby clothes as luke ended up being 4lb 4oz.

i would say when they are newborn they need and extra layer like a vest under their clothes but its amazing how they adapt, i always overdress luke and he sweats in the car seat etc. :wall:

my advice is get minimum things of basics as also i'm sure you will get given a lot also.

I agree with Rusks, just get some basics to see you through, I would suggest 6-8 sleepsuits, 6-8 vests, a few pairs of socks (in case LO doesn't take to keeping scratch mits on you can use them on the hands instead), and 5-6 pairs of scratch mits (they're cheap so worth getting more than you need so you don't have to rush to wash them).

I think the general rule for baby is one thin layer more than you are wearing, then he/she should be comfortable.

Happy shopping

:hug: :hug:

We've bought about a dozen newborn bits, some newborn stuff is smaller and will say up to 8lbs on it, other newborn stuff I have says up to 11lbs, I think it's dependant on the brand/fit etc. I have a little mixture of newborn and heaps of 0-3. We can always buy more newborn if he needs it but I've a feeling he'll be around the 8lbs mark and shan't be needing the newborn for more than a week. We shall see...I agree though, just get a dozen basic bits (vests, babygrow's etc) and take it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back