Baby carrier help!

Laur_250

Reaction score
Hi, we've been given a denim baby carrier by mothercare however no instructions. I really like it and have practiced at using it but as I dont have instuctions to check and Im worried im doing something wrong. The only way round this will be to buy one new but before I do that I was wondering if any of you use them and can give me guidance on wearing it.

Like: Do you cross the straps at the back as otherwise it feels like it could slip off? Do you put baby in before or after putting it on, etc, etc. Just general foolsproof instuctions on putting it on??!! Also it seems really high so when babies tiny and he's facing me his head will be very low in there and will he find it hard to breath if he's too squashed to me?? Ive got a pic in case that helps.....

If I cant establish enough to feel confident wearing it does anyone have any advice on a good one thats not too expensive and feels/is safe??

Thanks everyone!xx

Mine was £15, its a chicco one and was really easy to figure out, you put baby in after you've out the carrier on, but then adjust straps so they're properly supported.

A carrier was a definate must have for me, i plan on carrying her around palces, and things like shops just dont have room for pushchairs and i've seen people hitting them outta the way before, i'd rather she was close so i can cuddle her and feel shes protected, plus its gotta be good excercise carrying her around

hi - in my opinion youd be better buying a tie or buckle soft carrier or maybe a pouch, i had that exact same carrier and am only a size 12 and it hurt my shoulders like crazy and oliver was only an average sized baby, try looking on ebay for mei tai slings they are a fantastic price!

I have a Baby Bjorn front carrier that my SIL lent us and I like it so much I bought one of my own on ebay. It has different places you can adjust it to suit the size of the baby.

HI,

Remember not to use these for more than about an hour when they are newborn - it's not good for their spine to be in such a position for too long. If you plan to use a carrier for longer, a sling type/pouch one is best as there is no pressure of their little spines. We've got the Premaxx sling

L xxx

I would recommend a sling or pouch too. I had the Tomy Freestyle front carrier and it was so difficult to get her in and out and I was always having to check that she wasn't getting squashed, also it really hurt my back and shoulders. I bought a Freedom ring sling for about £20.

Thanks everyone, im looking at the slings now on ebay they do look good, my main worry is baby falling out or something, are these safe and easy to put on?xx

The ring slings take a bit of practice but they usually come with instructions on how to wear them in the different positions. They are really easy to use once you get the hang of them though. :)

I started off the with the freedom sling from Tomy but it kills your shoulders after a while. A friend gave me a pattern for a pouch sling which was dead easy to make and so much more comfortable. I carry C now in it for miles and she weighs over 20lbs. I would definatley recommend either a ring or pouch sling, esp for a newborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back