Chicco Baby Carrier

nori

Reaction score
Me again! Just a quickie..

I went into TK Max and they had a chicco baby carrier and a babasling reduced (TK Max are good for baby things). I got a babasling from my work but when i tried it at home i really didnt like it atall. I changed it for other items as it was quite expensive.

Now i decided to get the chicco carrier and i have tried my hot water bottle bear in it and it seems quite good (yes i know im sad!). However, does it not prevent the baby from breathing being so close to your chest?

Also, is this something that can be used from birth if im doing some housework like washing up or should it be a sling i use?

I bet you will all be glad when the baby is here and i dont have so much time on my hands to keep asking questions! lol

Thanks!

Claire x

I had a conventional Chico baby carrier last time and managed to stip artex from my bathroom when breast feeding with it on :lol:

Your baby should breath fine, infact probably better as they will follow your breathing pattern whilst in the carrier being so close, just like when you cuddle them tight

aramintalovegrove said:
I had a conventional Chico baby carrier last time and managed to stip artex from my bathroom when breast feeding with it on :lol:

Can you still breastfeed with the upright ones? i thought you could only do that with the sling types? Thats impressive!

nori said:
Me again! Just a quickie..

I went into TK Max and they had a chicco baby carrier and a babasling reduced (TK Max are good for baby things). I got a babasling from my work but when i tried it at home i really didnt like it atall. I changed it for other items as it was quite expensive.

Now i decided to get the chicco carrier and i have tried my hot water bottle bear in it and it seems quite good (yes i know im sad!). However, does it not prevent the baby from breathing being so close to your chest?

Also, is this something that can be used from birth if im doing some housework like washing up or should it be a sling i use?

I bet you will all be glad when the baby is here and i dont have so much time on my hands to keep asking questions! lol

Thanks!

Claire x

Have a wee look on the instructions, that should tell you when you can use them from. It's really up to you, there are recommendations here and there that the commercial carriers aren't good for a baby's growing spine. That said, we used a Baby Bjorn from early on and loved it but it's useless now she's heavy. We had a Babasling too and ended up selling it because I hated it and Becky did too. I now have a mei tai and woven wrap and if I could go back in time I would have used the woven wrap or a ring sling for her when she was teeny.

It does say i can use it from birth but i did think of the effect it would have on the spine so maybe i should wait a while. The slings just look really strange.. may get a ring sling off ebay then? Dont want to spend too much on it.

I work at Tk Maxx and bought the chicco sling as soon as it came in! It was a fantastic sling and lasted me a very long time. I didn't have any problems with it so I wouldn't worry about it! :D

nori said:
aramintalovegrove said:

Can you still breastfeed with the upright ones? i thought you could only do that with the sling types? Thats impressive!

I seem to BF better with my babies upright especially newest edition who pukes terribly, she is less so when sort of sat up feeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back