• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby blues...

Hellokitty

Reaction score
Hiya, I guess we belong over here now!

Just wondered if you had any tips for improving baby blues as I seem to be crying at anything at the moment.

How did you all feel at this point and when should it go away?

Cheers, Becs x

I had them for a day, my best advice is know that thats what it is and it is your hormones and allow yourself to just cry, get as much support around you while you are going through it..if it doesn't clear it could be PND so see h/v or gp

Welcome to the forum
:hug:

Hi, I remember going to the docs when my LO was about 10 days old because I felt really low and upset all the time. He said that its quite normal to feel that way in the first week or two. It did clear up but then I did develop a bit of PND but I think it was quite mild - nowhere near as extreme as they way I felt in the first week or two. Try not to worry, I think that we build ourselves up to having our baby and sometimes its a shock if you have an unpleasant birth (I did too) and also your whole life has been turned upside down so its not surprising you are scared and unsure - its totally normal! The first few weeks are really tough but once you get yourselves into a bit of a routine you will feel much better, just try and not worry too much and take care of yourself as well as your little girl! :hug:

Hey hun, many congrats on your new daughter :hug:
I think you're hormones are def going to be up & down this first few weeks - especially with your birth experience, if I can offer any advice that is essential - you must sleep when baby sleeps - it was the biggest help to me, as I always feel so much better when I've had some sleep :sleep:
Try not to get overwhelmed with visitors either hun, and def mention how you are feeling to your HV :hug: :hug: :hug:
Hope you feel brighter soon

Hiya, it is completely normal. I felt down for a few weeks and was etrified I was getting PND, which probably made me worse! It is lack of sleep and you can see no end to it. I felt I was constantly battlling with his crying but as the days go on you find more and more ways to settle your lo and everyday becomes so exciting as they start doing new things!

I didn't want visitors and couldn't face going out as it took so bloody long to get out the door. This all becomes so much easier I promise! The trick is to sometimes force yourself go out the door to visit someone, it is very empowering. The first week is also hard as you are still sore and everything is so different.

I found coming on here helped to talk about day to day stuff and know youare not the only one going through it, come and join the here I am thread (award winning dontcha know!) and we will offer support and stuff!

Another thing I will say that has been our life saver is getting him to go to bed at 7-7:30 every night! Started off about 9 and then we gradually reduced it. We were finding he did nothing but cry in the evening all evening, we couldn't eat because one of us had to hold him as he just screamed, we finally realised it was because he was tired and the noise of the telly and the being held was just keeping him awake. It might take a few days of running up and down the stairs to settle her but after a while they get used to it and you get an evening to chill out and come and chat to us!!!

This is how we do it:

Get a blackout blind and dim the room then take maia (beautiful name by the way!) upstairs bath her (if its bath night) change her into her babygrow and give her her milk don't talk to her, give her a little cuddle then put her straight down - we don't wait till he is sleeping as it is good for them to get themselves off to sleep - stay in the room a few minutes but only pick her up if she is really crying (I made the mistake of picking him up a lot when he was making odd noises but that is just what he does) then leave the room go dowstairs and listen, as I said it may take a few nights of running up and down but she will eventually get to realise it is bedtime.

Crikey I have just ranted on and for all I know you have an excellent bedtime routine and I am talking crap!!!

Hope you feel better soon, it gets better I promise, big hugs to you and Maia :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back