• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

baby belly in subsequent pg

jardiggle

Reaction score
OK, this is my 3rd baby, and I seriously feel like my belly is already popping out. I didn't have to consider maternity pants until at least 14 weeks the last two times, and here I am at not quite SEVEN weeks and tonight I had to unbutton my jeans to go out! (I wore a long sweater.) I'd assume this might be normal - I'd guess by now my uterus knows what it needs to do (not to mention my abdominal muscles are not what they once were)...but it's a little scary it's happening this SOON! I'd love to hear of others' experiences!!

I think its very common to "show" earlier and earlier with each pregnancy, something im not quite looking foward to next time, i was in my skinny jeans until well over the halfway point when i was pregnant with Brooke :lol:

This is my first, but i definetely started noticing i had a small belly at about 7 weeks, it was small, and felt quite squishy, I heard alot that it can be due to lots of water and stuff holding in your body, like water retention or something. Now though i have what feels like a bump (but still small). It feels a bit more firmer. I much prefer the little bump to the squishy belly i had earlier :p hehe. It's probably because i have my appetite back and have been making up for those weeks or sickness haha!

Not sure about what differences there are with second and third pregnancies, other girls will be able to share stories about that! I think i seen with second and so on, pregnancies they show earlier??(not sure though!!). :) xxx

in the evening you get alot of bloat too early on but you do show earlier on 2nd 3rd ect babies and totally understand the abs going to pot mine refuse to work so im like a turtle on it back when i try to get up lol

You are so not the only one!! I am 8 weeks on my 2nd pregnancy and not only are my jeans too tight but my tops are too tight around my already massive boobs!! I dont feel pregnant, I feel just fat!! I am a size 16/18 normally so I do have loads of blubber around that area anyway but not its just all sticking out more. I was at aquaerobics on Monday and I was in my cossie trying to suck in my tummy but nope - no way. Normally if you pull tummy in to hide fat it does work a bit but not now....so it has to be a bump. Wish I was a skinny thing so I would just be bump but its just gross and hangs over the top of my knickers (yuk). Last pregnancy I did not have a bump till 3-4 months so its way early this time.

Oh and talking about bloat - that too!! Especially in the evening, the first thing I do is take off my jeans and put on my trackies. Food = even bigger tummy - eeeww I hate this bit cos you cant tell anyone you are pregnant but feel sick, bloated, tired and awful cos clothes dont fit. I just know people are saying behind my back "Oh look at Tracey, looks like she's piling on the weight she lost - can she not put the fork down?" LOL

Last edited:
I have really bloated this time, this is my second... but with my 1st (Brooke) :) i was the same jeans all the way through i just had to hair band round the button so i had a little but more room towards the end! but i am defientely bigger already! i posted a pic in the bump gallery you would think i am having twins.. :) xx

My first baby I didnt start showing until gone 5 months, my 2nd was about 2 months (well a little tiny baby bump) so I'm wondering how early it will be this time lol

This is my 5th pregnancy and it was not fitting into my work trowsers that made me think ,hmmmmmmm baby?? lol. Its only my 3rd baby (due to late m/c's) but as you say i think my body knows whats to come so just gets on with it now rather than later lol :) xxxxxxx

Your not alone! This is baby number 3 for me as well. You definitely start to show earlier when you have previous kids. I'm 14wks today and I had to buy maternity clothing already! It's all worth it though.

im 8 weeks with my third having to wear leggings and stretchy trousers lol xx

this is my 3rd and i am about 7/8 weeks and i showing more now its not so much my belly but my boobs are huge and feel really sore my tops and bra feel tight and i feel as though i cannot breathe lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back