Baby baths

nikki_isme

Reaction score
Afternoon!

The place we are moving into doesn't have a bath, just a (lovely and amazing!) big shower. So I'm going to need a baby bath, but how long does the baby fit in them for? Is it worth buying something a bit more long term and if so what?!

I am exactly the same, we only have a big walk-in shower too. Proper pain in the arse considering all I want is a nice relaxing bath all the time! We can't really afford to put a new bathroom suite in at the moment but hoping to get it done next year but until then will need something. Kitchen sink maybe?!

We bought a baby bath from Mothercare and our LO still fits in it at 17 months old. She's not that heavy, but she is a long baby, so I would think most kids would fit in it until around 18 months or so.

Are those fold away baby baths any good do you think? Or should we just get a normal one and leave it in the shower when we're not using it

I've never tried a fold away one. We just store our bath in the shower when not in use. It makes the shower look a bit messy and obviously has to be taken out when we want a shower, but to be honest the whole house is kind of messy now we've got a baby!

I've never tried a fold away one. We just store our bath in the shower when not in use. It makes the shower look a bit messy and obviously has to be taken out when we want a shower, but to be honest the whole house is kind of messy now we've got a baby!

That's the bit I am stressing out about already - I am almost OCD with cleaning my house. Must be dusted and hovered at least 3 times a week, bathroom cleaned every night and I can't go to bed without the kitchen being wiped down with anti-bac wipes or spray.

I am going to be a real treat to be around after baby is here!!! I have a feeling the shed my OH is building in the garden is going to be for him to move into!

It's actually not that bad when they're really little, because they do so much sleeping. I'm really noticing it now because my LO hardly naps at all during the day. I used to do housework after she went to bed in the evening, but since getting pregnant again I've been too tired to whizz around at that point. Try to fit in things when I can but the house is nowhere near as tidy as it used to be. Drives me insane!!!

I have warned my OH that I may be a little antsy about the state of the house when baby arrives - and he is going to have to help me. He paled a little when I mentioned this - he said he will need training to my level of cleanliness as he thinks the house looks ok. Which of course it does, I clean it constantly!!

when we had our son we were in a place that didn't have a bath - we used to use a baby bath which fitted him until he was about 4 months! then we had a bumbo seat which we used to stand in the shower tray and shower him, lol.....he used to get a proper bath that he could play in when at his Nan's though :)

I love the inflatable one!

I also like the idea of just giving the baby a shower, should at least stop her from developing a fear of it like my niece has!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back