Baby Bath Problems?!

LeanneE

Reaction score
im currently researching for a design project at uni and was looking into the design of baby baths, are there any major difficulties, problems or worries you have with a baby bath, whether it be when bathing the child or when your child outgrows the bath? any information is welcome and ill be very grateful for your responses

Leanne. :)

I never used my baby bath as I couldn't carry it when it had water in it and I wasn't gonna be filling it up with a jug! I don't know how this could be overcome in a different design though tbh.

i put my baby bath in the big bath which was good until she grew out of it nd now she oes in the big bath with a few inches of waer xx

I'll be honest, I don't see the point in baby baths! IMHO they're a con! Pointless. My son has always had a bath either with me, his dad or, now he's big enough, in the bath on his own (with us there obvs) with shallow water. As someone else mentioned they're a pain to fill up, take up storage space and are a waste of money in my opinion when the majority of us already have perfectly setvicable baths at home! Sorry I'm not much help.

^^^ same here, we just used the normal bath since he was born. We got one of those sponge bath supports for him to lie in, hes always loved the bath. I had a c section so theres no way I'd be able to lift a baby bath with water in to pour it out anyway.

I loved Odhráns baby bath, the only thing I could think that I would have liked would be a build in support, I couldn't find a seat that would fit into Odhráns and it was a bit awkward x

^^^^^^^ the build in support sounds like a good idea. I've yet to use mine but I've bathed babies before and its always a bit scary when they're new born because they're so small and slippy! I would have preferred just to use the normal bath but I only have a shower in my new house which is annoying because I'm not ready to take her in with.me when she's newborn

Yeah it's too much of a hassle filling the baby bath so at the minute I'm using the bathroom sink! My bath is quite deep and wouldn't be able to hold him properly, plus it kills my back. Ill use the baby bath when he's sitting up though.

Can't think of anything to suggest really. What about a baby bath that hooks on to the main bath with some easy way of filling it (like a hose attachment) and then just empty it in the bath? Would save bending right down in low water.

we only have a shower in our house so use my baby bath all the time when he was newborn i used a washing up dish lol till he grown out of it and now use a big one its not to heavy with water in he loves getting bathed

Yeah it's too much of a hassle filling the baby bath so at the minute I'm using the bathroom sink! My bath is quite deep and wouldn't be able to hold him properly, plus it kills my back. Ill use the baby bath when he's sitting up though.

Can't think of anything to suggest really. What about a baby bath that hooks on to the main bath with some easy way of filling it (like a hose attachment) and then just empty it in the bath? Would save bending right down in low water.

yeah I used to kill my back leaning over to hold onto him. soooooo much easier now hes sitting on his own I can just watch him. Maybe a raised bath so you can hold the baby without reaching all the way down to the bottom?

I probably have a different take on the baby bath. As i broke my ankle 10 days before i had my baby i was in a cast so couldnt get to the bathroom. The baby bath was a godsend as i had to bath him on the floor in my lounge!! I do agree with a removeable support would be a good idea but for me the issue was filling it and empting it (i was on crutches) as i couldnt carry it!

Maybe look into ways to make it easier for disabled people/ incapacatated people like i was?

Last edited:
^^ thats a really good idea, I bet theres loads of stuff, like prams etc... that need to be looked at for disabled people :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back