Babies and Aeroplanes

rob

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a product design student researching into the most common problems mothers face taking babies on aeroplanes.

I am looking to design a baby carrier/sling to ease the stresses of flying with babies up to roughly 2 years old.

I have noted breastfeeding to be a particular problem due to privacy. Do babies get too hot covering them over with a blanket? Are there any good products out there people have had experience with using? If you have held your child on your lap before, what did you use to secure your child? did you find this experience uncomfortable?

Any feedback of your past problems or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Rob

I took my daughter away when she was 9 months old, they have an extra bit that goes onto the seatbelt so we were both secure, i had no problems with her on my lap and she slept most of the way there, she was bottle fed so had no trouble there but im guessing for someone breastfeeding it would be the same as out in public if you didnt feel comfy just put a blanket over to cover up...

I think from the age 1 they have their own seat, but dont quote me on that!

i will go on a plane with my lo when he is 2 month and its scaring me allready! i will keep my eyes on this thread..

I've flown several times with my eldest who is now 2, and twice with my youngest - he was 8 months at the time. I breastfeed and because I am used to feeding in public without anyone seeing anything I didn't have any problems on the plane - either using clothing or the breastfeeding cover that I used to take everywhere with me. I'm not sure about restraining them any more than they already are though - after the first few months both of mine wanted to be able to sit up and move, rather than being strapped to me or even just held on my knee. They're both happy to be carried or in slings when I'm walking around, but when sitting on my knee even the loose strap around their waists got them annoyed as they wanted to be able to get up, be held standing on my knee or facing me. I'm not sure how the lap belt would have easily been fitted around them if they had been in something else instead, or is this to replace that?

I hope you find something that helps people, as it can definitely be stressful flying with young children unless they fall asleep at the right time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back