awkward position

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by lyndsey_28, Feb 18, 2012.

1. lyndsey_28

lyndsey_28 Well-Known Member

My baby seems to be lying in a really awkward position this morn which is causing me a lot of pain and discomfort, i tried lying on my side, little nudges and he won't move :-(anyone got any tips ad its killing me to walk around and do things!! xx

2. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

Try eating ice or putting a bag of something frozen on ur bump. Baby should move away from the cold. DH did it with his cold hands this morning as Pip was lying in a weird position and he moved xx

3. lyndsey_28

Thanx i will try it fx it works xx

4. lyndsey_28

Any other tips for me plz as he still ain't moved and i can't walk or move around as it ready tender to the right of my belly button, i feel like crying x

5. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

get on your knees and lean over your ball a bit, supposedly getting on your hands and knees makes them move into the right position.

6. lyndsey_28

Thanx i have tried that but leaning forward onto sofa as i aint got a ball, but it ain't helping!! he keeps wriggling and kicking just not moving from this position :-( X

7. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

aww, when mine has been awkward ive either tried to push her into a new position or ive just had to suffer til i could find a comfy way to lie/sit im afraid hun. these babies arent considerate of mummy are they

8. lyndsey_28

I know its normally quite easy to move him, but today he is clearly too comfy and i am not lol think i May have to smack his little bum if i can find it lol :) xx

9. Nonabean

Nonabean Well-Known Member

Do you have a hard backed dining room chair that you could sit on, kind of reverse cowboy, with a pillow for support? xx

10. nikkie88

nikkie88 Well-Known Member

I wake up with a rugby ball on my right side every morning. it freaks me out coz baby seems to have squidges itself between my rib and my hip leaving my belly practically flat, i find rubbing bio-oil on or going in the shower and putting it on cold over hte belly where baby's lying. It's really uncomfortable but seems to shift during the day!. x

11. My1stBaby

My1stBaby Well-Known Member

my baby moves alot when im in the bath.... they react to the temperature change. no idea if it will work but maybe worth a go xxx

12. lyndsey_28

thanx girls for all ur advice but baby finally moved around 3pm yesterday which was such a big relief :) but after the bath last nite he moved back (little bugger) and i had the worst nite sleep ever!! but got up this morning and he has moved again :dance:so long as he dont keep doing at bedtime, and keep me awake again i think i will be able to cope lol as lack of sleep at nite is worse than anything :shakehead: xx