away with you, doubt! i stamp on your head!

trixipaws

Reaction score
when i was in first tri when i was pg with millie i remember a niggling doubt about going for my dating scan, and being told "you silly little girl! you're not even pregnant!" :lol: LOL and i remember my big sister telling me on the fone that she had the same irrational doubt :lol: even tho i'd taken 3 tests and had all the symptoms :lol:

GRR its back! :roll: :lol: this time iv taken 3 tests again one of them an unmistakeable DIGITAL where the word "pregnant" stares out the screen for 24 hours until the lil battery runs down :lol: and i feel almost EXACTLY the same way i did when i was pg with millie (already not at all like the m/c tho, which is a good sign! :pray: )

but iv still got that little doubty voice, going "ooh what if ur just making the whole thing up in ur head"! :wall:

GO AWAYYYYYYYY little doubty voice! does anyone else have a stupid doubty voice?!?!? let's all stamp on their heads! i kno they talk bullpats coz i got millie to show for it! LOL :lol:

omg that was my worse fear! every woman has to suffer from this surely?

I just tend to forget i'm pregnant :think:

HEY TRIX :shhh:

:cheer: YOUR PREGNANT!!!! YOUR WOMB HAS BEEN RENTED!!!! SPERM MET EGG!!!! YAY!!!! :cheer:

Do you believe it now??? hehe

Those voices are idiots - this will be proved when the sickness kicks in :lol:

hun i just seen this you PG well done and congratultions xxxx

I never believed I was pregnant for about the first four months - even though I had scans/heartbeats/bumpage to prove it! I work in A&E and every shift I would test my wee - just to make sure!!

Nutters we are!!

Kim x x x x x

Nope, definitely without a shadow of a doubt not just you hon! I do think it would help if the docs/midwives bothered to confirm it when you first get in touch though. I know the HPTs are just as reliable as what they'd do but somehow it feels like you should have a medical professional of some kind actually say that you are pregnant instead of having to wait for the scan!

I am so glad to see this post! I have got two positive tests next to my bed and I check them every night just to reassure myself that I wasn't imagining things! Got my dating scan through for 3rd Feb so I'll be glad when I've been able to see it on screen.

If I have been imagining it though why do I keep falling asleep at work - that would be a hard one to explain!

i've been the same every single time!!

I worked on a ward when Benjamin was pregnant, and i lost count on the number of tests i went through!!

Bec I'm so glad you said that, I kept my test for ages and I swear everyone thought I was a total freak...

I threw mine out but have been regretting it

I keep forgetting i'm pregnant and then worrying because, if i've forgotten then maybe I was never pregnant after all

I bought 2 more tests :oops:

ETA: Ok so I took one of the tests :lol:
DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

Test line is on right. I have NEVER had such a dark line. Even with my CB +/- it was slightly lighter than the control.

I'm chuffed and now have a pee-soaked tiny stick sat on my desk so I can stare at it :D :lol: :oops:

Thats an awesome bfp buddabun!! :cheer:
I've hidden my original bfp in my box with the jo malone bath oils mum treated me to at christmas so that it doesn't fade (it was on a cheapie) and i've got 2 first responses that are randomly where i can see them, just to remind me lol. :oops:
xx

:D cheers I am CHUFFED with how dark it is.. it's even wider than the control line and is sat on my desk fading as I type.

It's weird though, I had so many more symptoms at 3-4weeks and now I'm just a bit achey/tired... So I need that confirmation!

huge congrats bubbadun and trixi :cheer:

bubbadun theres defo no mistaking that line!! trix maybe take another one and stick it were you will see it everyday! :lol:

and take lots of photos of it!!! I forgot with my +/- one and regret it. This is the first cheapie I've done and it doesn't seem as much fun as actually peeing on a stick1

don't worry about it buddabun, I had loads of symptoms around the time of my bfp, then nothing major for a couple of weeks and then it all came back again till now when it's starting to wear off. It goes like that I think, and in particular most symptoms are stronger when you would have been having a period.

is that so! so around 4wks, 8wks, 12wks that sort of thing? I never knew that!!! mind you, I've never got this far along before so... :lol:

apparently so, yes - hormone levels i think. you wouldn't have thought your body would have any reason to remember when you would have been due, but there you go - guess it's the same reason some people have false periods. Dunno, I defo read it somewhere anyhow. Probably wherever I read that the period pain crampy things were normal, that would make sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back