Avoiding Certain Food

Betula

Reaction score
I know that I'm supposed to be avoiding things like goat's cheese, liver and raw meat, but do I need to avoid them for the entire pregnancy? The reason I ask is because I love sushi with raw fish, and it doesn't help that I've been craving sushi. Despite good intentions I did end up having some raw salmon sushi today, I just couldn't resist it.
Is it really likely to cause the baby harm, especially after 12 weeks? Japanese women seem to manage okay and I'm sure it must be a large part of their diet. Basically I'm just looking for excuses to be allowed to eat it :)

as far as i understand its one of the main ones to avoid throughout. Im suffering as well, i love mr whippy icecream especially with this weather but thats a no no as well :(

I certainly would risk eating raw fish and yes im afraid to say it is for the whole pregnancy.
Every web search i have done say a definate no no to raw fish.

keelie_b said:
as far as i understand its one of the main ones to avoid throughout. Im suffering as well, i love mr whippy icecream especially with this weather but thats a no no as well :(

mee too! the more i know i cannot eat something the more i seem to crave it!! :wall:

Well ive been invited to a BBQ tonight at one of the girls and of course, not allowed to eat BBQ food.... I dont know how im going to get out of it cause if I go I know she will be upset if I dont eat!! :think:

I didn't know you couldn't eat bbq food.

I've been to 2 recently and i ate plenty.

I'm sure as long as its cooked thoroughly then its perfectly safe.

With regards to sushi then no i wouldn't eat that as its raw and could be contaminated :think:

xxx

yep i think its the way its cooked at bbq's,as long as it is cooked so its piping hot should it be safe though??
maybe a chance of germs etc?

glittergirl you must be so excited about your upcoming scan!!

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
glittergirl you must be so excited about your upcoming scan!!

Hi :cheer:

Yes i am, i cant wait, keep thinking oh my god we are gonna see his little face for real..!!! :cheer:
I'll be like a kid on christmas eve the night before tho, nudging OH through the night saying is it time to get up yet :)

Also i'll have moved into Tri 3 by then too EEEEK

How you doing CB?

xxx

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
yep i think its the way its cooked at bbq's, as long as it is cooked so its piping hot should it be safe though??
maybe a chance of germs etc?

yeah thats why.... I dont wanna take the risk to be honest and she will be asking why im not drinking.... just two many questions :lol:

I thought that might be the case, oh well. I'll just have to make up for it once the baby is born and live off fish sushi :)
Fortunately I don't eat Mr Whippy ice cream but I did have the worst craving yesterday for Haagen Daaz cookies and cream ice cream. It was good.

Betula said:
I thought that might be the case, oh well. I'll just have to make up for it once the baby is born and live off fish sushi :)
Fortunately I don't eat Mr Whippy ice cream but I did have the worst craving yesterday for Haagen Daaz cookies and cream ice cream. It was good.

what about having vegetarian sushi?? will u be allowed that??? not fish but still might give ya yr fix... I love sushi as well and ya making me want some :lol:

hi glittergirl! :wave:
i cannot wait to see the piccies!! :cheer:
i really want one done too when i am further on! :D
i have my first official hospital one next thursday and im excited enough about that! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
the 4D ones are so so clear! :cheer:

missbrightside,just tell them you are driving tomorrow or something!! :rotfl:

betula,that icecream sounded good! i love cornettos at the moment!! :D

Aww your first scan is so special, bet you cant wait.
I'll be away next week and no access to internet (how will i cope) so wont see your piccys till the following week.
Cant wait to see them when i get back.
Hope you have a lovely time seeing your LO :hug: :hug:

** Betula - sorry for hijacking your thread lol **

good idea Claire!! :lol: I told her the other day that I had the runs so might just say that im still not 100% wouldn't care at the min everything she seems to ask me if I wanna do I cant cause it all involves drinking etc :lol: and im just sooo tired :( :lol:

hi glittergirl!
this will be my second scan,i had to have an early one at 6 weeks as i had a scare,this one will be better though as bubs will be bigger! (i hope!!)
i need to work out how to post piccies! :think:

missbrightside,can you that you went out last night and had a few too many so are having a dry night tonight!! (or a bottle of wine or two at home!?) and then ate a dodgy curry so you have no appetite today!! :rotfl:

betula,im sorry for hijacking your thread too! :doh:

MrsBrightside said:
Betula said:

what about having vegetarian sushi?? will u be allowed that??? not fish but still might give ya yr fix... I love sushi as well and ya making me want some :lol:

Vegetarian sushi is fine, and that was mainly what I ate, but it's just not the same. But in future I'll stick with the veggie sushi. I wouldn't mind a bowl of miso soup either!

Why arent we allowed ice-cream :-o ????
I had one yesterday !!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx

YellowGlass said:
Why arent we allowed ice-cream :-o ????
I had one yesterday !!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx

Mr Whippy type ice cream is off limits. Stuff from tubs is fine.

hi yellowglass
i think its just soft icecream tht we are advised to avoid,like mr whippy (from icecream vans) and mcflurrys,icecream in tubs from shops is fine!
i think its to do with the cleanliness of the machines for the soft icecream and you have a chance of getting listeria (?) from it,i think its made with raw egg which we are advised to avoid,i have had 2 since i got my BFP,as i did not realise! :shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back