smoked salmon

star fish

Reaction score
I cant find a diffinitive answer on smoked salmon. On mumsnet they say that the FSA say it's fine so it must be fine, but if you read the FSA website carefully it actually doesnt say that, it only says salmon is fine. Not smoked salmon, which isnt mentioned. Does it count as raw or cooked and even if it is cooked most websites seem to say make sure fish is piping hot, which of course salmon isnt!

I'm only fretting because i know I will be served salmon on xmas eve as we always have smoked salmon as my stepdad is Norwegian and its traditional.

i am interested to know answer cos smoked salmon on a bagel at the moment sounds lovely!!! xxx

haha ive been wanting smoked salmon for ages but couldnt find a proper answer either im at the midwife tomoz so will finally get to ask lol

I was looking into this the other day.....it seemed to me that its ok, also said that sushi is fine provided you buy it from a shop or a restaurant as they have to freeze it to a certain temp before serving and that kills all the bad stuff (you can have home made too but you have to make sure its been frozen to the right temp first)
Ill try and find the site I read it all on again ...but I look at lots of stuff so cant promise anything lol

Just checked and yes its fine because smoking kills the bacteriary stuff ive had it a few times and babies fine xx

Well I was eating it alot and in early pregnancy and i'm 21 weeks now?!

I thought it was fine. The only thing I actually stay away from is mouldy cheeses. I still have slightly runny eggs, prawns (not raw though) and medium cooked steak. I would honestly say smoked salmon is fine but you can't go wrong by asking your midwife x

midwife said there is only a tiny chance of it being bad and if you really want it to just have it she wasnt entirely sure on it but going off uk guidelines its ok as the chances are so slim so im having it later yum yum cant wait hee

I have just bought some ready for brekkie on christmas day mmmmmm yum

Stupid midwife. I rang and asked her and she said No, now i am unsure again....

I have read lots of things saying its ok so if I were you Id go for it

Plus its not like you are planning on only eating salmon for every meal for the next 9 months :)

Just make sure it is good quality stuff and it should be fine

I was planning smoked salmon for starter on Xmas day - damn.... and with soft cheese so better make some soup!!

Well I've now discovered the soft cheese is ok so bugger it, I'm gonna stick with the salmon! Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back