• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Avent sweet dreams from Boots - exp 2 years ago!!! Shocked!!

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

I really need to let off some steam :evil: :evil:

Last Friday my OH popped into the Boots store to pick me up some baby bath wash, massage oil e.t.c

When he got to Boots he called me and said "ive just found a great bargin!!"

OH found an Avent Naturally Sweet Dreams Gift Set which inside had 1 260ml Avent bottle, 1 Baby hair and body wash, 1 massage oil & 1 dummy for the price of just 99p! Yes 99p! Now considering that just 2 260ml Avent bottles are usually £9 I told OH to get the last 5 boxes they had on the shelf.

The very same evening I went to give my son Antonio a bath with the new bath cream and afterwards give him a massage with the new massage oil OH had got from Boots earlier that day.

After his bath I dried Antonio off and started to rub some of the massage oil into his body and then I started to notice that he was getting "blotches" all over his body :shock:

Me and OH made a grab for the bottle we had used to give him a bath and started reading all the ingredients e.t.c

Then to our shock!!!!!!!! :shock: all the bottles from all 5 boxes we had bought were all over 2 years expired!!!! :shock:

I called the doctors and spoke to him over the phone, he advised to re-bath Antonio and get all traces of the bath cream and massage oil off him and then to keep all his clothes off & let air get to his skin, we did all this and thankfully the blotches started to ware off, god I was so relieved!! I was soooo worried!

I was so angry :evil: :evil: that I called Boots main office and wanted to make a serious complaint over the matter, I was put through to one of the senior manager who (to cut a long story short) said, this is not usual, & needed to call Avent to find out what exactly the side effects are for using this product after its expired 2 years ago! I thought to myself you must be joking!!

The senoir manager called me back about 10 mins later & said that Avent head office was now shut till Monday & that she would have to call me back Monday (still not heard anything yet)

The senoir manager did advise me that although Boots are showing this product on their system, it should not be on the shelf for sale!! :shock: she said that it looks as if one of the members of staff was just trying to be useful and popped it on the shelf! Even Avent dont sell it anymore!

I said...........

1) Expired products should not EVER be on the shelf!!
2) The effort of a label was marked up on the shelf so if product was not even for sale why the hell did someone take it upon themselves to try & be "helpfull" and stick it on the shelf!!
3)Obiously the rash has come from the product being expired, why say to me that its not likely to be caused from expirey? Why else would an expirey date be on there????
4)The product was not marked up as expired or even placed on a reduced price shelf, it was palced within all the other Avent stuff on the normal shelf. No idication was given to me to be aware of the expiry date on this product!!!!!

My question to all you mummys is, what is the next step? How would you persue this??

T x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back