• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Austin still only take shalf his feed - helpanots yet

Becs

Reaction score
Hello,

Austin only happily takes half his feed. He then winds and refuses the rest. I can usually coax more into him by using a dummy and removing it but this has to be at least half an hour after his first sesh and usually requires yet another go before he is totaly impossible to get anymore into often not having a full feed. It's a nightmare now as he now needs to be fed 2 or 3 times during the night again as he has had no where near his daily intake by 11pm. I feel as though things are just getting harder. He does have mild reflux which I am sure doesn'thelp but the gaviscon only sometimes works and we can't give it to him all the time as it turns his poo to playdo. Also as he was prem he is on catch up milk which I am sure is thicker and I wonder if he just feels to full up. Has anyone got any experience or advice on this.

Please, please is anyone able to help?

Becs :(

Austin 11 weeks corrected and 11Ibs

Dont know about the milk I am afraid. But it sounds very much like my LO.

Id go back to the Dr's and see if they will prescribe anything else for you... theres a few options.

My DS is on Ranitidine (Acid neautraliser) and Domperidone (pushes food out of stomach faster so its not there to throw back up). If the reflux is only mild, then these may work a treat for you.

How many feeds was he having at night before? Jack's 20 weeks and (before he got ill this week) he was up 2 or 3 times a night for boob feeds every night - unless we have him baby rice with his milk and then he slept through. I would have thought that the thicker milk might have helped him through the night.

Is there more than one brand of milk he could use? I've heard that some babies like one kind of milk over another and eat more. Maybe you could get some cartons of made up milk and let him try different ones. If he likes one better than the others he might have more and sleep better.

Hope things get better for you :hug:

Becs said:
Hello,

Austin only happily takes half his feed. He then winds and refuses the rest. I can usually coax more into him by using a dummy and removing it but this has to be at least half an hour after his first sesh and usually requires yet another go before he is totaly impossible to get anymore into often not having a full feed. It's a nightmare now as he now needs to be fed 2 or 3 times during the night again as he has had no where near his daily intake by 11pm. I feel as though things are just getting harder. He does have mild reflux which I am sure doesn'thelp but the gaviscon only sometimes works and we can't give it to him all the time as it turns his poo to playdo. Also as he was prem he is on catch up milk which I am sure is thicker and I wonder if he just feels to full up. Has anyone got any experience or advice on this.

Please, please is anyone able to help?

Becs :(

Austin 11 weeks corrected and 11Ibs

my baby is 31weeks 21 weeks corrected and 16half pounds. he has 4 x7oz bottles but rarly
finishes the whole bottle , im lucky if he has 24oz a day and this is no where near the daily intake.(he was like it for about 2 months)
is he putting on weight? i found that babies will only eat what they want . i give my baby20mins break in between and try to give him more but im lucky if he has an extra ounce.
my baby is on nutriprem 2 i thought this may be filling him up so i started giving him cow and gate 1 for a few days and it made no difference and he still did not take anymore milk.
its hard but ive learned to give him just what he wants as i didnt want feed time to be a battle. i have since started to wean and he seems to like his rice and puree more than his milk.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back