At what age did you start adding spices to your babies food?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

At what age did you start adding spices to your LO's food? And, what spices did you add?

I haven't been adding any spices yet, and use unsalted butter (and plan to do so for a loooong time). I was just thinking that maybe I could start introducing herbs to her roasted vegetables (now they are only cooked in olive oil)?

I am in two minds as I think it's good that my LO will eat bland food as long as possible. She will get to eat more complex diet later anyway... She absolutely LOVES plain yoghurt and porridge.

I think Nathan was about 12 months when I started to add spices and herbs. He loves a curry now!

Holly was a day short of 1 when she had her first goan fish curry! She wolfed it down...

6 months, she had curry, chilli, pasta with fresh herbs, carrot and coriander soup, all with spices and herbs - best way to add flavour whilst staying away from salt.

6 months here as well, I always cook with herbs and add spices to lots of things like chilli and curries. Chilli is one of Maia's favourites :D

I also started at 6 months - I've not used salt while cooking for a long time so adding herbs & spices replaces the need to use salt. I often just make it up as I go along, and use mostly dried herbs. Dylan has tried loads of different ones and loves tasty food x

Soon after 6 months too. Phoebe loves garlic! And OH made a turkey rogan josh over Christmas. My neices' had yogurt in it, and we weren't planning on giving Phoebe any, but she wanted to try some, so I gave her some. She lapped it up. I was really surprised, it wasn't HOT hot, but def had a kick to it.

She loves things with a strong flavour. She had homemade lasagne for tea tonight. Makes her breath a bit smelly mind you :lol:

Thanks for your replies. I have been adding garlic to LO's food occassionally, and she seems to be fine with it. Maybe I'll try fresh thyme or basil next. And NO salt for a looong time :talkhand: :shakehead:

i added herbs prob from about 9 months as luke started eating what we did. he loved spicy food as long as it wasn't red hot just mildly spiced with chilli powder or chilli flakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back