This is what ive been dreading :(

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
I was at first looking forward to LO turning himself over on to his tummy :D and he first did it on boxing day properly and lastnight we put him to bed he was fine but when we went to bed he was face down on his front and had turned himself on his front as well as turning himself round sideways of the cot itself, we put the bumper on the side as hes got LOADS of teddies at the top. im scared of cot death an things. scared sumit will happen. i even made OH check LO'S breathing x

Aww Lizzie hasn't got to this stage yet but I'm a bit worried about this too, cot death is probably my biggest fear :(

Does he use his arms to turn himself - would swaddling him help prevent him rolling himself over? Or tuck something underneath the mattress either side of him so he's in a 'dip' and can't roll?

Hey hon, as long as they can roll over themselves it's fine that they move themselves onto their stomachs in the night. It worried me lots when Harrison (my eldest) started doing this but looked into it and it's fine. Bless him - he'll be sitting up and crawling before u know it!!! x x x

have you got one of those breathing monitors? that could reassure you. But ive been toldthat once they can roll over they wont suffocate anyway :hug: mustve given you a fright seeing that

Toby has been sleeping on his tummy since he was tiny, we have a sensor monitor but I'm sure that I have heard that once they start rolling they are at less risk of cot death from sleeping on their front at they are able to move into a better position...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I text me mum this morning and she said it will be easier when he can roll back onto his back again but at the minute he cant and we had to move him an he woke up lastnight. Im worried bout going bed tonight. I dont know how he pulled himself up i think belly shuffling as i didnt see him i just know where i put him an the next minute he was well on his tummy an long ways but the other way round. Im glad he was breathing it took me ages to get to sleep lastnight.
Ive tried tucking him but i dont think he will like swaddling cos hes a right bugger for kicking things off ie blankets he usually kicks them off in the night so he wakes up with no blanket so i dont think swaddling will work. I suggested the monitor thing that goes on there belly an then hubby turned round an says what if it comes off the belly so we wont hear him then??
I am really scared of cot death to be honest i feared it when he was born an i still to this day im scared of going to the cot one morning an basicaly seeing my lil boy an not awake im just not sure how id cope with it ive lost one baby through a miscarriage so im bit wary bout if nething happens to me this baby.
i thought he was still abit young to be able to go on his belly an it should be a great thing an for me to be happy about well i am in the day but absolutly terrfied at night.
Im not sure how he even got there in the first place lastnight i was tryin to imagine how he done it but in the day he dont bother usin his hands or arms to push himself up because i dont leave him on his tummy for to long cos he gets frustrated lol x

the monitor thing doesnt go on his belly, it goes under the mattress, the baby doesnt know its there. they dont wear anything or have any wires. Im selling mine 2nd hand if you want. xxx

the monitor thing doesnt go on his belly, it goes under the mattress, the baby doesnt know its there. they dont wear anything or have any wires. Im selling mine 2nd hand if you want. xxx

I'm using one and it's really reassuring xx

I had1 for my youngest and it was a god send..it really gave me so much peace of mind. My sil lost a part of it wen I lent her it so just bought a new 1 in the sale at Argos for 39.99 xx

Mine always slept on their fronts from when they could roll over - I still always put them down on their backs but within about 5 minutes they had always rolled over... as long as they are able to lift their heads up themselves it shouldn't be a problem - they don't have to be able to roll themselves back. We do have a breathing monitor though which is really worth it if you're really worried x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back