when to move LO into a bed

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
ive got a friend with a little boy 5 months older than jack and he has taken to it really well. was just wondering when u think the earliest age is to move them into a bed??

he has been bumping into the bars for months which sometimes wakes him up! and in the mornings i think i wud get at least another half an hour in bed cos he will play happily in his room after i have taken him out of his cot, i no thats really lazy and i wud be awake in bed but it wud be nice to have half an hour of peace to wake up slowly rather than jack screaming cos he wants to get out!! was thinking of doin it at 14/15 months, what do u think?

did it take long for him to adjust? what made u decide he was ready?

Stephen was nearly 3 but he just wasnt ready for a bed cos of his understanding.

If hes ready for it, go for it.I bet he would love it! Let him choose all his bedding to make it more fun for him.

Lydia went into a bed at 22 months.

Aimees almost 2 and still in her cot. I have tried her a couple of times in her bed but just in the afternoon and she is out of it in seconds. I've bought her a nice Lazy town quilt cover and going to try again after christmas when she will be 25 months.

Both mine went into a bed at around sixteen months - damage control - they were trying to climb out and i was worried that they would fall out on their heads! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
They both took to it really well - put in a bar thingy so they wouldnt fall out of bed, and they both loved it.

Lisa

yeah bray started climbing out of his cot so i decided it was better to do that than him hurt himself
he went into a bed really well after a night of putting him back into bed about 20 times :rotfl: it was fine lol

We've just been discussing the same thing. Our LO is 18 months old.

He keeps banging his head on the top end of the cot. He tends to just sleep up at that end.

Most of my friends have got away lightly with putting their LOs in a bed. You have to accept that they're going to get out to start with but I think our LO would perhaps sleep better in a bed now.

I say better, he's a really good sleeper but I think it will be more comfortable for him.

I've seen the bed I want for him but will wait until after xmas before we get it.

i didn't put Georgia or Josh into a bed until 2 yrs, although with Louie i think he'll be in a bed earlier, when Louie goes into his bed though it means Josh (6) will have to move up on to the top bunk & let Louie have the bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back