At my wits end! :(

Leah04x

Reaction score
I really feel like I'm struggling to cope lately.. Ethan just seems like a completely different baby, not sure if he's just testing the boundaries or what?!

It feels like he's whining/crying/high pitch squealing ALL day long. We do get periods where he's happy & content, but more of the whining etc. Literally anything can set him off, especially being told 'no' - he goes into complete meltdown! He doesn't let me change his nappy anymore, and that causes the biggest tantrum. To be able to physically do it, I have to try and hold/pin him down while trying to wipe and change him.

He used to be an absolutely fantastic eater and that's all changed. Since he had tonsillitus about a month ago, he obviously found it hard to swallow etc, so wouldn't eat much else other than yoghurts. Now he's fully better, he's still doing the same thing - constantly spitting out spoonfed food especially if it's lumpy and with finger food, he puts it in his mouth, chews it up and then spits it out. He's also started to point blank refuse cereal with formula in it. He's crap when it comes to milk, I'm lucky to get 10oz down him a day and used to sneak 3 or 4oz of formula into his brekkie, which I can't do anymore.

I just feel like I'm failing at the minute. He just seems miserable all the time, and if he's not happy, then I'm not doing my job properly! :( To top it all off, my OH says its my fault Ethan is the way he is, as I 'mollycuddle' him and I'm too soft on him. Which isn't true at all! I give Ethan all the love he wants/needs, as I'm sure every other mum does, but when he's playing up or doing something he's not supposed to, I do tell him 'no' firmly.

Definitely feel like I'm fighting a losing battle :(

xx

Last edited:
hey hun !! it might just be a phase !! a hard one at that !! I am sure you are doing a fab job !! keep smiling honey :D much love x

i posted a thread a couple of months ago, basically saying exactly this. O was miserable all the
time! It was getting me down.

Shes now 10 &1/2 mths and has grown out of most of those things. getting dressed is still a mission and we still get the odd tantrum which i ignore. But generally shes happy *most* of the time :)

chin up it wont last forever xx
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Is he over 6 months? If so you can give him cows milk in his cereal- doesn't need to be formula

You may find that he likes the different taste and so you can get lots more in him x

Def just a phase that you just have to rise out though I'm afraid

Is he over 6 months? If so you can give him cows milk in his cereal- doesn't need to be formula

You may find that he likes the different taste and so you can get lots more in him x

Def just a phase that you just have to rise out though I'm afraid

Yeah he's 9 months. I was told by my HV to use formula in his cereal as he doesn't drink much, but I used cows milk yesterday and he ate it all so will give him that from now on.

Glad to hear its just a phase though!
Thanks ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back