• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asthma attack - hospital

abbiesmummy

Reaction score
What a day! I have had bad wheezing for the last 3 days and finally made it to the doctors. Kept taking my inhaler, it was the only thing that helped but was really worried about the baby. Doctor sent me straight to hospital. Had asthma since being little really bad and hate it when they say 'hospital', but this time was just thinking of the baby. All was ok. They gave me a nebulizer and said it was ok to take my medication. Doctor thinks its the paint in our house because we are doing a LOT of decorating at the minute so he suggested I move out!!! Feel really exhausted now and funny after the medication (which they assure me is ok). Was given oral steriods but was told I don't have to take them if I move out and get better. I would rather not have anything I don't need. Saw my midwife and the baby is fine, great to hear the heartbeat!!! So just feeling a bit sorry for myself but glad everything is ok.

O hun, Im exactly the same with asthma and have been since birth, being pregant makes it so much worse what with everything squashing up :hug: Hope your feeling better soon :cheer:

I always feel grotty after using a nebuliser as well so don't worry :hug: It's much more helpful to your baby to keep your asthma under control during pregnancy than worry about the medication - your baby needs your blood to be well oxygenated. I understand you being concerned though, I used both steroid inhalers and creams throughout my pregnancy, which worried me. Debs is absolutely fine though :D

aw hun :( that sounds awful.

hope you are feeling better soon. Like I said - get your feet up and try and relax. Stick some dvds on for abbie.

:hug: xx

thanks everyone! Feel wheezy again today. Must say, slept in until after 9am and ran into Abbie's room wondering what on earth had happened and she was just lying there waiting!!!! Ah, how cute.

And... thanks Toriella, sorry about today, but I know you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back