Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhh *rant warning*

Fly

Reaction score
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

My lovely wonderful oh who was sooooo supportive and brilliant and wonderful at the beginning is turning into an insensitive, unsympathetic, unempathic KNOB!!!

It's all to do with :sleep:

He NEEDS lots of it.. by this I mean he's really horrible ifhe doesn't get enough sleep.. I on the other hand am a light sleeper and I don't need much sleep but it would be nice to get a stretch of 4 hours in one go.. just once or twice a month.. would be nice :wall: :wall: :wall:

I am sick of asking him to help me when the baby is all fed and changed and jsut wants to play... this morning I fed Henry a mammoth feed between half 2 and half 3 and then he was wide awake and wanted to play .. so rather than try and get him back to sleep in the bedroom i bought him into the lounge and there i sat with him until 5am when he fell back asleep... i don't MIND doing that.. I was wide awake then so sat and had a hot chocolate to try and lull my brain back to sleep.. went back to bed about 6am and had just gotten off to sleep about about 6.45am when Henry decides he wants feeding again... so i fed him.. mammoth feed again and i put him between me and his dad cos i was feeding him off that side.. last time i looked at the clock it was 7.40am and i shut my eyes...next thing i hear my OH quietly chatting to henry so i open my eyes and smile and am greeted with a daggers look :wall: so i said "oh he was chattering like this at 3am and didn't go back to sleep til 5am" so my OH pulls his neck in a bit but when i said to him was he alright to have Henry for an hour before he went to work so i could get a bit more sleep he was utterly unreasonable!!!!!!

It's like I'm not allowed to be tired, ill, stressed, worried...
He thinks I should sleep always when the baby sleeps.. what for 20 minutes at a time during the day?? He thinks I should go to bed when the baby falls asleep at night.. that was 6.30pm last night!!! FFS!!!!!!!!! I told him this morning I am sick of the lack of support and parenting is a two person job and at the moment I feel very much like there is only one person doing it and that is me!!!!

I brought it up last week after a similar kind of night with Henry and he said "oh well i shall jsut give up work then and stay up during the night and sleep during the day" :wall: :wall: :wall: for crying out loud!!!!!!!! I said to him.. why do you have to be so black and white about it.. thats not what i am asking i am just asking for a bit of fking consideration here!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I'm hanging this morning - have had about 3 hours kip - how do i explain to him so he finally understands, without it turning into a row??

My hands are in a state with an eczema flare up cos am so bloody run down

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *insert steam coming out of ears smiley*

Anyone else have problems with their men like this??
How did you get over it?

I had exact same problems with my ex husband with my eldest child but i didn't breastfeed so it was all a bit more regular and he was in a routine with his bottles really quickly... its all alot more erratic breastfeeding and am cool with that but I just him to stop being so fekkin pissy and stop scoring points off me ffs... I KNOW he works hard at work.. I KNOW he needs his sleep... but so do I!!!!

If you've read all this thankyou very much :hug: :lol:

aww sweetie i know how you feel!!
my DH was amazing at the beginning! but it soon changes and we are expected to be super woman!!
i get the old "well im at work all day and im more stressed than you, you have it easy blaaa blaaa blaaaa!!!!!!!

but just recently the lack of sleep in the past 7 months has been really getting me down and DH has agreed to get up with him in the night (i have to wake him though :roll: ) but its taken bloody 7 months!! :wall: :wall:

can your oh have him just one night a week so you can get a decent night xxxxxxxxx

thanks Nicci :hug: I've asked him a few times if he'd mind gettin up with Henry first thing in the morning cos he can't really do night feeds cos i breastfeed but am almost at point of going to stay at my parents for the night just so i can get some sleep and so he can see what its really really like....a few months back he would take Henry round to see his mum or a mate for a good 4 hours and take a bottle with him so i could get some sleep but thats all gone out the window since he started working again... i think he just thinks i'm sposed to miracle energy from nowhere....
I told him this morning that later on we need to have a proper talk about all of this without it being harsh words and am gonna suggest to him that perhaps he should go to bed early as he needs all this sleep and then he can get up with henry after i've fed him n that so i can get some sleep... and i know what the answer will be to that... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

thats what we are trying at the moment! it kinda defeats the object that i have to wake DH to see to jack but its better than getting out of bed!!! let me now how you get on hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well we had a good chat last night after he'd had a whole day to think about what i was saying and we have agreed that we will take it in turns on a weekend to get up wtih the kids so one of us can have a lie in and he's agreed to get up early in the mornings with Henry n let me sleep on if i ask him too... well i put that into practice this morning as had been awake since 4am.. woke him just before 7 and he asked for an extra half an hour :lol: so i gave him almost another hour n then he got up and i went back to bed n didn't get up til gone 11!! I think I finally managed to make him understand that if he doesn't help me then we are gonna fall out massively cos the smiley happy Sarah with a wicked sense of humour that he loves will be replaced with a depressed biatch from hell ... as i said to him.. if you think you got attitude mate... you ain't seen nothin yet :lol: The look of sheer terror on his face when i said "If you can't or won't understand what I am saying then I will have to show you by going to stay on my own at my mums for 24 hours and leaving you with the kids" .. hahaha i think that was the kick up the arse that was needed ;) I bloody mean it n all... Will see how we get on this weekend ;) Goodluck Nicci hun will keep you posted xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back