Arrrggghhhh my SIL!!

SarahH

Reaction score
Firstly, sorry Sam & Alice as you heard all this last night on msn!! :oops:

As you all know we are having a party for Arianna on Sat, friends only and then on the Sunday (her actual birthday) we were going to spend the whole day with the families. Well, my family are all busy (they have their own business) so we are going for a meal on Mon night instead, which just leaves my hubbys sister, her youngest boy (the eldest is in the states at his nana & papas) and the great granny.

Perfect we thought... we could drive over to SIL's (about 45min from here) pick up them, as she doesnt drive and then head to the nursing home to see great granny - she is another 20min drive.

Well, my SIL called last night saying that she is coming on Sat, but not bringing the pressie as she knows my hubby wont drive over on Sunday if she does. I said that the party was supposed to just be for friends and then the Sunday for family, and that we had cancelled other arrangements on the Sunday so that we could be with them. Well she said she didnt care and that she was coming as my MIL wants pics of her party - like I am going to throw a party for my daughter and not take a photo! :doh:
Well, my hubby came home last night and I told him and he said that he doesnt want her there - as much as he loves his sister she is awful in front of a crowd and puts on an act, and her son can be quiet violent towards other kids he doesnt know (he has a form of autism) and he didn't want one of his friends kids going him with a bruise, etc. Plus with her not driving she will either exprect us to go and collect her (which we wont have the time for) or get a taxi which will cost her about £45 there and then another £45 back - which she cannot afford!

So I have to call her and basically say stay away! :shock: Not looking forward to calling.

Sorry - rant over!! What would you do?

I think your husband should call her! After all, he came back with most of the objections and probably knows better how to handle her (sorry, don't know how better to phrase it) than you do.

But as for what to say, I'm not sure. Seems very tricky. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

If your husband has made these arrangemnts then he should call her as it will sound better comig from him.I know what he means though my SIL and her son are just the bloomin same.
Get him to make the call sarah.Keep to your arrangements.

Thanks... I said he should call but he wont as he doesnt like arguments or confrontation of any sort :roll:

The other thing about her is she smokes NON-STOP and I dont want that round the little ones and my friends that are pregnant.

Arrrghhhh!!! Families!! Who needs them! :lol:

Ok, thats annoying, i hate it when men do that!

Just ring her then and say n oits impossible and sunday it will have to be as you have your personal friends over and there children,sunday is family day and thats it.
I have had to say the same to my sil but she got over it.

Why don't you use the excuse that she smokes and some of your friends are pregnant and you don't think it fair to subject them or their unborn babies to other peoples smoke as you have already made arrangements to see her on Sunday, and then just drop that there's no way you'd have time to collect her anyway and couldn't expect her to spend all her money on a taxi so it'd be better alround if you just see her on Sunday as planned.

Then tell her don't worry you'll be taking lots and lots of pic and will be posting some to your MIL.

If Hubby won't phone her to tell her not to come I don't see why you should, afterall would he phone one of your family members if it was the other way round.

If he really won't phone her though, tell him you will but your not gonna tell her not to come (thats what he should do). Then say to her that won't be picking her up or taking her back as you don't have the time and that she can't smoke at your house either as there are small children and pregnant friends there and it's not fair :twisted: I'm sure she'd change her mind then.

xSuzx

lol smurf and me wrote the same lol

Damn the phone ringing :rotfl:

xSuzx

Just say you don't have time to pick her up, and don't offer to pay for the taxi :wink: do you think she would pay the £90?

libs said:
Just say you don't have time to pick her up, and don't offer to pay for the taxi :wink: do you think she would pay the £90?

She probably would and then bitch cause she was skint later in the month. She is a single mum who doesnt work so I dont know why she is even considering paying £90 for taxis

SarahH said:
libs said:

She probably would and then bitch cause she was skint later in the month. She is a single mum who doesnt work so I dont know why she is even considering paying £90 for taxis

sorry thought it might be an easy way out - I would say this is definately your DH's problem - his family his problem :wink:

tell him we think he's a coward if he won't do it :wink:

Sorted!!! She isnt very happy but she's accepted it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back