ARRGHHHH! I'm going to cut my legs off!

jools02

Reaction score
Ok, I'm starting to think that this may be a pregnancy thing but I'm not sure. I CANNNOT keep my legs still, they are so restless/figety/twitchy. I've tried sitting on them, putting them up, massaging them, rotating my feet in circles - everything. Its driving me insane. I had the same thing when i had my son. I just can't relax them. Has anyone else had this? Please tell me I'm not crazy and its a preggo ailment?

I have definitely heard of this as a pregnancy ailment
'restless legs syndrome' its called!
Please don't cut them off :shock: am sure you'll need them when the baby comes :D

poor you, i know how you feel :hug: i get this at night time :x Its bad enough trying to sleep when your this fat, but i could do without my legs having a mind of their own too!

eat bannanas! They contain potassiam (i think, it may be magnesium though!) restless legs are often caused by a lack of potassiam (or it could be magnesium!).

eat bananas and keep your legs cool,
i had this in pregnancy it drives you batty

omg :shock:

can't believe you posted this, i have been having this the past few nights when trying to fall asleep, it's as if they are going numb an tingley and i have to move them around constantly :rotfl:

thought it was just me :rotfl:

:hug: :hug:
I get it too! It drives me CRAZY especially when it happens at night! Something i've found helps is using a lot of cushions and propping your legs as high as you can get them - so that it actually is pulling the muscles by being there.

hello
yes yes and double yes, i get this, drives me mad

a warm bath, sometimes i drink tonic water, seems to help, a banana, keeping cool and milk seems to ease it...oh and i think it can be linked to low iron so i take natural iron too

some days it eases up, others it is awful grrrr

x

I get this at night, I find eating a banana makes a difference. It's really annoying

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this, thanks girlies I will try the banana thing when it starts again.

hiha, ive had restless legs for years, but since i got preg, ive had it all the time, mainly when im ready to fall asleep!

drives me completely insane and i wanna cry coz im that tired and then i have to stretch my legs and swing them about!!

gunna have to try this banana malarky!!! even tho bananas make me :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back