• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aromatherapy in pregnancy

Miss

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if there was anyone who is well versed in Aromatherapy and used it in their pregnancy.

I just wanted to ask someone - or some people that had used it a few questions if possible!

How did you feel it benefited you?
What did you use it for?
Also are there any books at you would reccomend for a newbie to Aromatherapy?

Many thanks xxx

Hi x I'm not well versed in aromatherapy but I used lavender oil during my last tri and it really helped to relax me. I used it in an oil burner whilst doing my natal hypnotherapy and then also used it during labour and it helped me to switch into what I learned.

When I was 40+2 I used clary sage oil to make a massage oil and i used it in my bath. That night I went into labour! Lol! Clary sage should be used with real caution and only in late third tri x

There are some oils you can't use during pregnancy, not sure what they are but worth checking if it's something you enjoy.

Hi Helen and Can'tstop - thank you for the reply's.

I know there are some oils which are classed as "safe" and some that you should "stay the hell away from" which is what is making me cautious.

I have been looking for books especially for pregnancy but they are not stocked locally and Amazon seems to have loads I just did not know where to start lol

Can I ask where you got your oil burner from? I have also been looking for one locally and they seem to be out of favour at the moment. xx

Last edited:
I got mine from tesco hon x I didn't have an aromatherapy book, just checked online x clary sage should be avoided until late pregnancy but lavender is ok to use throughout x

lol I never even thought about trying Tesco!

I have looked online too but I just have not found the answers I am looking for...see I am looking for a little bit more than aiding relaxation and sleep - I know that there are many niggles and problems that they say can be treated/helped/eased by Aromatherapy and I wanted to find out abit more to aid Low Mood, headaches etc

Thanks Helen looks like we are shopping at Tesco tonight! x

Last edited:
I'd definately say give lavender a go x

Thanks hun I will do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member