Arnica Tablets

Zazu

Reaction score
I have bought some Arnica tablets to help with bruising after labour, any ideas when i should start taking them? Before labour, during, or after the birth?

Any advice appreciated xxx

Hmmmm...not exactly sure. I've bought some myself from Boots. I intend to start mine after birth (they're in my hospital bag)

oooh what are they for?

are they good for c secs too?

When i asked in Holland and Barratt, they said they are good for healing and reducing bruising after surgery, so i imagine they will be good for a section.

He didnt have much advice about natural births though.

xxx

http://www.nutrasanus.com/arnica.html

There's a list of uses and benefits on that link. I bought them to take after our possible section so I cant see why not. Obviously you'd be on painkillers and maybe other meds so i'd double check with the docs on that one :) x

oooh what are they for?

are they good for c secs too?

Hope my MW told me to take these after my section, she said I had the worse bruising from a section she had ever seen. They definitely helped speed up the healing process x

Im taking a few now, not many, like one of the 6c tablets most days. I heard someone say they had been taking them before birth and healed really quickly. Their baby was delivered with forceps and all the nurses were amazed how her baby's bruises on his head healed so fast too.

I did loads of research and couldnt find anywhere that says not to take them in pregnancy. Just figured if its already in my system, healing can start pronto!

My MW has said to take 1 when labour starts, 1 at start of second stage, 1 1 hour after delivery and then next 3 days 1 tablet 3 times a day. For a C section take 1 tablet 3 times a day the day before, 1 tablet just before the op, 1 tablet within an hour of op then 1 tablet 3 times a day for 3 days. The MW also mentioned Hypericumis to help with the pain of the healing scar after c section, this can be taken with arnica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back