What have you got to help you recover after the birth?

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Thought it'd be interesting to see what people have got/are gonna get or would recommend for helping recovery after the birth!

So far I have got some volterol tablets (have been told they're safe if BF) and paracetomol, some cold gel packs to go in pants (!) and am going to buy some arnica tablets to help with bruising!.......The NCT have told us about hiring a 'valley cushion' but will see how I feel afterward before getting one!

I guess you don't know how you will feel until after but thought it'd be best to have a few things ready!

I've got some arnica cream and will be getting some witch hazel too. Got some lanolin for my nipples as well!

rubber ring?... never heard of that one before :)

my mum has bought me a special belt for my tummy - it helps to get the tummy flat again fast! you are supposed to wear it straight after you give birth...

cream for down below wearing big pads all time can make u sore, and i found that i needed fibre gel to help me go because of having a natural birth ur scared to push down on that area for a week or so, but thats me other people can be different x

rubber ring

Arnica

Extra strong pain killers (im not BF'ing)

Nipple cream

:)

Oh yeh, I have nipple cream too!.........Rubber ring is prob a much cheaper option than a 'valley cushion' so that's prob a good purchase!

Yeh, gonna be pretty scary going for a no.2 afterwards! Might see how I go on that front as tend to be more on 'loose' side with my IBS (sorry TMI!)

Never heard of the belt thing i.love.......let us know if it helps!!

u never know Lucy- u may not need anything! xx

hope not :s never even thought that far ahead. everyone told me you soon forgot the pain and i was silly enough to believe them lol xxx

I have just gone on the recommendations I've been given by friends and family! U could always send someone out for u afterward if u need anything. I am just one of those people who likes being fully prepared- makes me worry less!xx

i can just imagine asking me mom to go and get cream for my floozy how embarassing lol thankyou i may have a look round the shops for something while i still have time :) xxx

i can just imagine asking me mom to go and get cream for my floozy how embarassing lol thankyou i may have a look round the shops for something while i still have time :) xxx

lol! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back