argh! what have i done?

trixipaws

Reaction score
yesterday evening i noticed a pain in my shoulder like a rotten tooth was holding my arm onto my body. it was quite bad and made me frowning and grumpy, but since i found out i was pregnant i havent touched drugs, recreational OR medicinal. so, i used a hot water bottle on it for relief.

i woke up this morning at about 4.45am in absolute agony with it. i was so delirious with pain and tiredness i didnt kno what i was doing, and reached into the bedside drawer for a paracetamol-&-codeine tablet. i swallowed it, the pain subsided and i fell asleep.

when i got up today i was horrified at what i'd done, especially when i read the box and it said 'do not take if you are pregnant'. i think i heard paracetamol is ok, but i guess codeine mustn't be. should i call nhs direct?

I'm sure its fine but probably best to call them just to be on the safe side.

co-codomal which containd codeine is fine to take.

I have been advised and given this in my 2 hospital stays since being pg, don't worry, docs and midwives and nurses have all told me and given me codeine for pain relief for pregnancy :D :hug:

Paracetomal is fine too, try to avoid drugs like asprin which thins the blood though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back