Have I Just Over Done It?

Sandie

Reaction score
I got sent home from work today as i looked (In the words of my "main" boss) "Bloody Awful" - i'll admit it, i am tired - i'm lucky if i get 2 hours solid sleep a night, i'm having awful back pain & to top it off i have my arm in plaster. I thought i was doing not too bad but by 1pm-ish at work i can barely function. It is a long day 7.45am-5.30pm - i'm on my feet 95% of the day, i'm trying to do more work which involves sitting down at computer but i get punted off it after like 2 minutes by my manager. He's an older guy who seems to forget i'm pregnant and that i can't do the things i used too..

I'm so exhausted and feel SO unwell tonight :( is this my body telling me i've done too much...

aw you poor thing, dont do too much, can you get the rest of the week of by any chance? Ive just had time off and must have grown over the last couple weeks as things are so much more difficult at work this week, got raging heartburn tonight too :(

You should take it easy for a few days, sounds like your body needs some rest :hug:

Sounds silly but i don't want people thinking i'm a drama queen at work...

Forget what they think, you and your bubbs are priority right now, look after yourself and rest up, stress and illness is no good for you-its bed for you my girl-you will feel all the better for it x

Also, by law your employer HAS TO give you regular rest breaks when you are preg.

sounds to me like u have hun, u should take the rest of the week off if u can and relax!!

has ur employer done a risk assemesment on ur hun????

chezzabell said:
sounds to me like u have hun, u should take the rest of the week off if u can and relax!!

has ur employer done a risk assemesment on ur hun????
i was just about to ask that :D
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: take it easy and have a nice rest hun

Hi Sandie,
I've just noticed your due date is the same as mine!!!! :dance: I'm having to run a team of 4 people this year and I do twice more than any of them do and couple of them winge they're sooooo knackered. Really frustrating when you wanna just turn around and say "oi, am 6 months, doing twice as much and do you see me complaining?!!" realise I can't say that! Some people (esp. guys AND including my OH/business partner) think you are at the same fitness level as you were pre-pregnancy. Difficult to say anything without it sounding like you're seeking an excuse/pity heh?
I think only you know if you've overdone it - your body tells you. But 2 hours sleep defo doesn't sound anywhere near enough! So I would get some zzz's and chill out when you can.
xx

For those who have never been pregnant and have no idea how much it takes over your life.. they have absolutely no sympathy for us.. thinking that we're taking advantage because we're carrying a baby. We're performing one of lifes many miracles.. and it's not easy. Give yourself a break.. put your feet up.. you deserve it. Hugs to you and bump! :hug: xxx

No they've not done a risk assessment....

I went to work today... But did nothing - lol sat on my bum in staff room most of time - manager scowled at me a few times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back