Argh!!!! This Heat

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
Its been so hot here today! and im really feeling it :( i just know its going to get hotter i love the sun but i definatly hate being pregnant with it! :lol: and to top it off bloody hayfever i havent stopped sneezing all day!!!!!

<Rant Over> :lol:

poor you bubble! I really hope my hayfever dont get too bad.

I am feeling the heat to, my feet are well swollen! only 4 weeks left at work and i can sit at home with my feet in ice water all day!! :dance: :dance:
xxx

I know what you mean about this heat - I am so hot all the time. I had to put the fan on me at work and open all the windows, my feet and ankles are like huge balloons but on the positive note I am finishing work tomorrow so can sit in my underwear at home if it stays this warm, lol!!!!

Xxx

haha lindsay!! nice picture!

lucky you finishing today!! did work do anything nice for you?

Keely xx

at last you've finished work lindsey - was it getting hard?

my feet and ankles have swollen too... not a nice sight... i find my heels hurt the most. I keep going to the ladies to wipe between my boobs... the heat is worse as nite for me... i have to kick the covers off....

x

Hi Ladies

Yippee I am now a free woman from work for 6 and a half months!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

I had a lovely day and was spoilt :clap: :clap: my colleagues clubbed together and gave me £70 Argos vouchers, as they know that I am wanting to buy a baby monitor from there. I also got a big bag of goodies from Lush all specifically for pregnant people so I am going to pamper myself with them. I got a big bunch of flowers, some Virgin Vie shower Gel and a baby outfit for LO. I also got a bag of breast pads, maternity pads, nipple cream and some disposable briefs, lol! We all went out for tea straight from work too. It doesn't feel like I am off yet though, perhaps it will on Monday morning when I don't need to get up!!

When I got in from work Dh surprised me with a box - inside were a new pair of trainers that I had been trying on last weekend, but decided against buying as they were £65 and I couldn't justify spending that when I am going onto maternity pay - bless him he has treated me to them!

Yeah hayley this last week was really hard, it has been harder to move around and also the heat hasn't helped. Everyone at work kept saying how well I had done to work up to when I did - one of my colleagues is pg again and due in December and is planning to finish a month before again which prob isn't a daft thing looking back on how I have felt, but I wanted to have more time off with LO so it just depends on how you feel really. When are you finishing?

This heat is unbelieveable isn't it?!! i have got a bag full of deodrant and body spray!!!!! My feet and ankles are still huge, my legs are swollen and this morning I have woken up to swollen hands - I look so attractive, lol!!!

Xxx

ooh sounds like u had a fab day Lindsay!! :D

Now take it easy and enjoy your time off :lol:

Thanks Bubble Dreamer. I know I should be, but I keep looking at the house thinking there is so much cleaning to do!!! Have already done 2 loads of washing, lol!!

Xxx

Well I went round to see my mum yesterday and she looked at me and started to cry :shock: I knew that I was swollen but didn't expect to make her cry, she was so worried about me, I had to go to the hospital with her for re-assurance that everything was ok. We were in there for ages. I went to A &E and they checked my blood pressure, which had gone up but not by loads - I was still in the ok threshold. They then took my bloods and a urine sample. A doctor came and looked at the swelling and was worried that it was pre-eclampsia - which after lots of prodding etc they ruled out, yippee!! They then sent me to the midwife day unit and the midwife did a thorough check of the baby and listened to the heartbeat etc again and she also ruled out pre-eclampsia - the outcome was this is how I am going to be until LO makes an appearance :shock: and that the heat is not helping me. I rested with my feet up yesterday and this morning they have gone down quite a bit - but I am at DH cousin's baby christening today so hoping that I am not going to balloon again.

Xxx

oh lindsey... poor you with the swelling!! hope it doesn't flare up again at the christening... i think i'm heading the same way as you... my ankles, feet, wrists, fingers are all swollen... gets worse towards the end of the day! i've taken off my wedding and engagement rings as i'm worried i might need them cutting off if i swell too much.. better take them off whilst i still can....

congratulations and well done for working upto 3 weeks before... i'm planning the same! and hopefully i'll make it... i work in a laid back office with all girls so i'm sure i'll manage it... it's just the swelling that might get to me as i do a long drive to and from work....

you did well with presents... love lush!!! enjoy the next 3 weeks pampering yourself - your first lie in monday morning will be the best... I have 9 weeks left. Well 8 because i'm taking a week off in June to break the time up... also celebrating DH birthday early as the baby is due his birthday week... and its a special birthday! so we're spending a few days at a posh hotel mid June...

x

oh lindsay! poor you, bet your mum scared you a bit didnt she!! bless her!

looks like this heat has a lot to answer for!! ... well look forward to your 3 weeks of sitting in the breezy shade with your feet in a bucket of water!! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back