Argh I feel like I'll never be thin!

Shepherdess

Reaction score
Happy New Year Girls!!

I'm in such a grump, obviously new year is a great opportunity to kick start being healthier and exercising etc but I just feel so podgy and like I'll never lose weight.

I breast feed so currently have no intentions of attempting to diet (I've previously done the 5:2 and loved it but that's not suitable now) but I thought I would have by now. I had planned to bf until 6 months but now I'm at 8 months and still loving it.

I put on 1.5 stone when pg and lost the first stone very quickly thanks to bf but my body is just hanging onto that last 1/2 stone. I'm currently a very awkward size 11 :( wearing size 10 jeans fit my legs and bum lovely but are too tight on my tummy and size 12 fits my tummy but hangs of my backside. I just want clothes to fit well again.

I try and eat healthy (although have been very naughty the last 2 weeks) but I'll admit I struggle with exercise ATM, I walk with my little girl and I'm going I pick up an exercise DVD but I'd love to go swimming or to the gym but I just don't have anyone to watch lo

I've got 3 weddings in the summer so I do plan to stop bf when my lo turns 1, I'll be heading to work part time and I want to be at my best again before these weddings

Is anyone else feeling the struggle??

First don't pressure yourself, at 8 months I was still beyond shattered.. I lost some weight from walking but that was about it.. I exercised and I've been back in my pre preggo size for a while but I still have that same issue.. I always had it though, am a funny shape.. I'm far more in favour of leggings and thights as they don't give that issue.. Secondly, there is jeans out there for odd shapes and sizes but you'd have to pay for it and go some place like levis or similar type..

I'd suggest to join a class like pilates and start building it up from there, you can get to walk even more once it gets nice outside again.. I notice that every year, that it helps me tone up from below my belly button..

I still struggle with getting rid of the podge despite exercising and such.. But then again my belly is absolutely riddled with stretch marks and I wonder whether that might be a reason for excess skin on my tiny little frame!

I was a size 14 until my LO was 18 months, then I started losing it just by being really strict with portion sizes and not buying anything to snack on (other than fruit).
She was about 2.5 when I got down to a size 10 and a year later a size 8 and (was) still a size 8 six years on (but now pregnant and my belly is huge lol)

Some Leisure Centres have Creche available for young children whilst their parent swims or uses the gym, so you could look into that.

Otherwise, even if you took your baby swimming, you would do some exercise just by pushing her round in a floaty. Or maybe you could see if any mum friends wanted to come with you and you could take it in turns watching each other's babies in the shallow bit whilst the other swam a few lengths?

Also, if you could get a good sling (wrap or Mei Tai that distributes the weight properly) you could carry your baby and go for some brisk walks, which would burn more calories than pushing her in the stroller (with the possible exception of pushing her up a very steep hill lol).

Ultimately though, I think a size 10/11 just 8 months after havng a baby is good going :)

Our gym does have a crèche but unfortunately my little girl had very bad separation anxiety and there's no way I'd leave her with a stranger.

The weather doesn't bother me im happy walking and as we live on a farm I take her through the fields which gives me a workout pushing the pushchair through the grass and bumps. I'm not a fan of slings tbh

I do go swimming with lo but before I had her I used to do quite intense workouts and lots of cardio which I love.

I know really I need a diet change, I'm pretty good portion size wise, I love breastfeeding but I'm counting down until she can have cows milk and I can diet a bit.

Thanks for the replies

If you are desperate to lose weight slimming world supports breast feeding mums. It's supported by the royal college of midwives too as technically it's just healthy eating and technically not a diet. Today I had burger and Chinese soup. It's just made from scratch instead of a packet.

Last edited:
Thanks Lucy I might look into that! I'm pretty good at cooking from scratch, I love cooking but I'll look into slimming world

Hi Sheperdess, in my second pregnancy i put on a shocking amount of weight - 4.5 stone! I lost all of it within 8 months on slimming world which is great for breastfeeding as i never went hungry. I took a break and have put on a few pounds over christmas so im back on slimming world. Im currently between a 10 and 12 too. My baby is now 13 months and down to 1 feed a day and im now adjusting to not being able to burn the additional calories with breastfeeding anymore.
I definitely recommend slimming workd, its so easy and you will be surprised at how much you can eat.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back