are you having a baby shower?

HannahsBaby

Reaction score
Hey girls, hope your enjoying this gorgeous weather! I'm trying to soak up a bit of sun and get rid of my pregnancy spots!

Are any of you having a baby shower? Or is one of your mates/family doing one for you?

The ladies at my church are doing one for me this wednesday, and I'm really nervous about it.

My mum, sis in law, my mum in law, and about 6 friends are coming as well as the ladies from church... I did invite more people but because I'm so nervous about all the attention I've just sent the extra people a message saying don't worry about coming as I'm feeling worried about it.

I feel uncomfortable about the thought of getting lots of gifts and opening them infront of everyone.

Anyone else in a similar situation? X

nope never had one first time round and not having one this time either

apparently my mate is having one - god knows what u do at those things lol

I didn't have one but lots of my friends did. The way I see it, people will bring presents for the baby to the shower, then when baby is born they will all want to come again to visit baby and will come empty handed? Some of them may even by extra gifts if they feel bad about bringing nothing. I loved it that Jack was here when everyone bought their gifts because it was like they were giving them to him personally.

Each to their own though, if you want one then have one! :) x

I'd love one! But don't know whether my mates will get round to it,
You should try to relax and enjoy it as they all just want to join in with the excitement of upcoming baby!
Try and have fun with it, as its people wanting to give you a pamper before you are rushed off your feet!
I understand about opening gifts ect as thats always a little weird.
It will be a good opportunity to get other mums advice too.
ENJOY!

i kinda had one last week :)
it was my leaving do from work and baby shower in one! we went out for a meal and i was given all the presents before we ate, it was really lovely as i knew a few people had brought presents but didn't expect everyone to have brought me something!
i'm not having one with my friends and family as all my family is all across the country and my so called friends have deserted me! only one friend has stayed in contact through out my pregnancy and i know she'll buy him something either way!

hope you have a lovely time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back