Are we Allowed?

maldives

Reaction score
To use hair removal creams? I figured they must be easier than shaving! who have used them and find them effective?
but are they safe to use?

Im not sure as they have alot of chremicals in them, maybe best to ask a doctor or something, or maybe the others know x

You may find your skin is more sensitive when PG so they won't be nice to use anyways.

Read the packaging :) If it doesn't say 'Do not use when pregnant' or some such then I'd think it was not ok to use. If it says to consult a GP or some such, then do that.

Thanx all,
I guess I'll wait till I see my Dr!

No! Well, according to two of my pg books anyway (I have a growing collection...).

Shaving is fine, as is waxing.

Thanx Kitty ,
Well that's solved the mystery already :)

you're pg honey, let it all hang out for nine months!!

I let myself go so much last time, I thought LO would need to armed with a machete to find their way out :lol:

:oops: Minxy I really can't let it all grow! I'll go mad, last time it killed me and i guess it will this time :wall:

Hey Maldives,

Im a fully qualified beauty therapist by trade, and we dont recommend hair removal creams in pregnancy because the chemicals are applied directly to the skin and there may be a small risk that the particles will pass through into the blood stream. Its a small risk like I say, but not worth it.

Waxing and shaving is fine, waxing may be a little more sensitive due to hormones and increased blood supply.

Hope this helps xxx

Thanx Jaidy,
It helps alot!
I normally wax my private areas as shaving doesn't suit me there! but I like shaving my legs and i thought maybe creams are easier coz u just apply and leave it do the job. but I won't risk it! i thought it was normal but now there is noo way i will try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back